Key Post MBNA are torturing me with phone calls over cc arrears

Re: mbna torturing me

Helens, honestly dont let the constant calls get you down. I would change my phone number and agina only contact them in writing. Just to note also if you call them from a private number as they can trace every number you call from and will also try and call you on this.
;) Use a phone box

Next time they ring you claim you are not who they say you are and they must have a wrong number.

Yeah but the Feckers have my mobile num & my Landline,so what do i about that?
Iv asked themnot too ring me but they dont listen

Is there any way to bar their numbers from your phone?

if youre contacting them in writing, REGISTER all your letters and keep copies of everything. surely they cant harass you for 15e ??

you see they ring me from a private number,must have a look & see can i Bar Private numbers from my mobile & landline? itd be worth a shot

if youre contacting them in writing, REGISTER all your letters and keep copies of everything. surely they cant harass you for 15e ??
Oh el88s - Harass is putting it mildly pure torture,even after i paid the €15 yesterday morning they continued to ring me up until 8pm last nite

Just don't answer private numbers. It is a policy that has served me well over the years.

Just don't answer private numbers. It is a policy that has served me well over the years.

I almost never do - on the odd occasion that Im expecting a legit call and answer a private number accidently call only to find its NTL or someone else trying to sell me something I just put the phone back down (without hanging up) and get back to whatever I was doing and let them talk to air - I figure I may as well let them waste money on the call and get some entertainment out of the fact that they can hear background noise on my end but Im just not there......

Yeah but the Feckers have my mobile num & my Landline,so what do i about that?
Iv asked themnot too ring me but they dont listen

Don't shoot the messenger here :) - but is there any specific reason you need a landline?
If not, then there's your payment every month saved straight away....

Don't shoot the messenger here :) - but is there any specific reason you need a landline?
If not, then there's your payment every month saved straight away....

yeah very essential here actually living in the sticks with a toddler & dh needs it for work out of hours both the phone & broadband package.
So i cant sacrifice dh's job that for the sake of mbna
have sacrificed everything else for gods sake.car,new clothes for child,no haircuts,sold furniture no oil in the tank since april,..etc,etc

i have been in this situation where MBNA would ring 20 times a week, and when you answer the phone, they want to know when and where you will be making the payment! my advice to you is to do what i did..i told them that they could ring me as many times as they liked but i will only answer the phone once a week and that would be to tell them how much of a payment i made and the reference number..it worked..they rang a few times and then stopped =) if you can even make one payment a week (say €10..or less) ask them to send you out the form where you fill in all the debts(i cant remember what they called it) you have and explain how much you can afford to repay a week..once they know whats going on, they will be willing to help by freezing the charges (the late fee, over the limit fee)! hope i helped

I think we've all learned a lesson here.....don't get a credit card from MBNA.... EVER, not worth that hassle!! Too many people have horror stories about them!

Oh -just taken an mbna credit card out because of the 0% transfer, don't intend to actually use it, you have iron clad my resolve to remove all credit card debt ASAP!

I think we've all learned a lesson here.....don't get a credit card from MBNA.... EVER, not worth that hassle!! Too many people have horror stories about them!

There is nothing wrong with credit cards, it's the people who don't know how to use them that is the problem. Most people's problems are due to people spending money they didn't have on things they didn't need.

I too got an MBNA credit card to avail of their 10 months 10% balance transfer. I intend to have the debt paid off in this time so it is very useful in this case. They were quite insistant I take out payment protection (received 3 calls) but turned it down as this would be an additional cost that qould negate the good deal.

There is nothing wrong with credit cards, it's the people who don't know how to use them that is the problem. Most people's problems are due to people spending money they didn't have on things they didn't need.

Bronte, did I say there was anthing wrong with credit cards...em nope. I don't have a credit card because I know how to live well within my means, I was just saying it sounds like a lot of hassle to have one with MBNA.

I am with MBNA over ten years now and only recently had a problem which was where I had got a new card and it had been skimmed and used for several purchase. When I contacted mbna though about this they were extremely helpful and fast in resolving the issue.

Back