Key Post Mayo Things to Do

Cashman

Hi Guys,

I have a customer from the UK who has decided to spend a week in the Downhill hotel in Ballina at the end of June.

Basically a bunch of friends are going to spend a week golfing - nice one!

However, he has asked me for some general advice. As I have never been to the actual hotel or even the general area i request some advice from you Guys.

Does anyone know the hotel or area?
Is there anywhere local that is good to eat in the evenings?
Can anyone advise anything else worth seeing / doing in the area?

Any advice / recommendations would be most welcome.

Many thanks

Cashman

Re: Advice for Ballina area in June

hotel is pretty good with good leisure centre although food up and down.
icehouse good for food on quay road and good indian on dillon terrace but best for food is belleek castle which is far superior than mount falcon.
things to do.......ceide fields, seaweed baths enniscrone plus great beach, fishing lough conn/river moy, 30 mins westport/sligo.

Hi Again,

Many thanks markowitzman I will pass your information along.

Cashman

Its a bit of a drive to Belmullet but the Links course there is meant to be one of the best in Ireland and really good value -Also recomment Crocketts on the Quay and Quattro for food

You should try Ballina golf club for both the golf and the food. I played there with my husband and he was very taken with it (he's a single handicapper) and we had a great meal afterwards. They're also very friendly. Enniscrone is a super golf course, really challenging. The food is only so so in the club house so planning on going somewhere else would be a good idea. Sligo town is only about an hour's drive from Ballina and there are some lovely restaurants there. They also have Rosses Point - another challenging course.

Back