Maynooth, Co Kildare

Hey Doodle

one estate nobody has mentioned is Rail Park - v nice quiet settled estate. Almost all owner-occupier, and detached bungalow properties. Older houses - built 30 odd years ago. Typically 3 bed - you might pick one up in need of modernisation for a good price. Super handy location in Maynooth. Near train, near shops, easy distance to village and motorway (but not Too close)
easy walk to village centre and the schools

good luck!

Hi Doodle,

As far as I know there are still some units available in Newtown Hall, a new development in Maynooth. I think there are some 4 bed semi detached houses going for around 500k. May be worth a look. Best of luck with the hunt...

Hey Doodle

one estate nobody has mentioned is Rail Park - v nice quiet settled estate. Almost all owner-occupier, and detached bungalow properties. Older houses - built 30 odd years ago. Typically 3 bed - you might pick one up in need of modernisation for a good price. Super handy location in Maynooth. Near train, near shops, easy distance to village and motorway (but not Too close)
easy walk to village centre and the schools

good luck!
i think rail park is so settled that no one there ever sells! my friends live there and i've never seen a for sale sign up, it is a great location as you say and nice houses too. i wish someone there would sell!

There's a house on for 400 at the minute and it has the garage conversion job done. Good price! (I have no connection to this house) I live in R Park and you are right, not a lot of movement, we are all busy converting/extending - the location is unbeatable!

I've always liked Rail Park.

On daft there are two sub 500K houses in Moyglare Abbey, one in Parklands and one in Rockfield.

All those estates are nice.

i've been getting the automatic update mails from myhome.ie for the maynooth area for teh past year and for some reason the asking price for parklands estate has gone up in the past 3 months. last october i got amail saying that a 3/4 bed semi was region 445k. somewhat higher now

Hi ,
I have just booked a viewing for parklands for tomoro , Is there any main difference in the area of parklands way and parklands close? I am going to try and arrange viewings for the others you recommended but I know it is short notice. Also I cannot find the one Pinotnoir recomended.

Just to say again, Thank you all for your input on this , it is much appreciated.

There's a house on for 400 at the minute and it has the garage conversion job done. Good price! (I have no connection to this house)
what agency is that with? i checked daft and myhome yesterday and couldn't find any rail park houses.

Re house for 400 - I think it's Brady's .... will have a look on my way home tomorrow and make sure - I know I saw it on line as dh and I were remarking on price as we are just about to convert our own garage.

hi

The house in rail park has been withdrawn for some reason. There is a house for sale in moyglare village, any opinions on this estate??

maynooth was def more appealing than leixlip

Anyone who lives in Leixlip seems to think that Leixlip is a nicer town, more quiet relaxed and friendly, and its closer to the city centre. Maynooth isnt bad except for the amount of students there, can get a bit hectic.

Leixlip is not connected to dublin by rail, which for me is a huge advantage over leixlip. also we have a several nice walks, is quite scenic, and has a bit more going on. (there is talk that a cinema is FINALLY coming!) So I think maynooth edges out leixlip in several ways. but the folks in springfield always prefer springfield to shelbyville, and so it goes :)

I have friends living in moyglare village, in one of the bungalows. They quite like it, only complaint is that it's not connected to the Nat. Gas pipeline but maybe that's just down the other end where they live. They are keen cooks and annoyed that they can't have a gas hob, and a gas fire. but they're happy enough with the house.
Parklands I would be wary of. Apparently there is not a lot of sound insulation betweent the houses and you can hear neighbour putting kettle on in the morning.

Leixlip is not connected to dublin by rail, which for me is a huge advantage over leixlip. also we have a several nice walks, is quite scenic, and has a bit more going on. (there is talk that a cinema is FINALLY coming!) So I think maynooth edges out leixlip in several ways. but the folks in springfield always prefer springfield to shelbyville, and so it goes :)

Leixlip IS connected to Dublin by rail, it has 2 rail stations and its the same Maynooth train line to Connolly!!

im just after buying in leixlip and chose it over Maynooth & Celbridge, but i suppose thats just me. the reson being, maynooth is a uni town, and celbridge is the new dublin

maynooth is a uni town, and celbridge is the new dublin

????????

Leixlip is way more "Dublin" than Celbridge......whatever that means......

What exactly is a "uni town"? Seeing as Maynooth is the only town in Ireland with a university I fail to see what the stereotypical uni town is??? I can promise you the town is not over reliant on the college. There are less and less estates with students in them these days due to on campus accommodation and the amount of commuters. So what's the point of this statement?

All the question marks because I'm really confused...

Im from Dublin all my life and just moved to Leixlip this year. I have lots of dub friends from Leixlip, but more in Celbridge. I have been going out in both towns and there does seem to be a lot more people from Dublin in Celbridge, also talking to people they seem to have very strong inner city dublin accents (my parents and grandparents are from the inner city). If you ask if there originally from Dublin some say they have always lived in Celbridge. Also given the fact that Celbridge seems to be more populated than Leixlip... hence Celbridge is the new Dublin.

Oh finally you ask what exactly is a uni town? What do you think a uni town is, its oviously a town with a university. This is a good thing and a bad thing, good because theres lots of stuff going on, bad because most of the stuff going on is generated towards the students.

Last edited:
Would have to disagree with comment that what's going on in M'nooth is geared to the students - the community is very active there on so many levels and is quite integrated. Was delighted to see the Farmers Market taking off as well.

Back