Maternity Benefits for self employed -

S

Scissor

Does it depend on how much income tax and prsi contributions I paid for example in the year 2009 to qualify for maternity benefit?. I found out that 2008 and previous years don't qualify me just 2009. I was told if i paid income tax and prsi in 2009 I would get maternity benefit but does it go on how much you tax you paid or just that fact that any amount was paid at all? and if so do I get a fixed amount of maternity benefit then? very confused.

Does it depend on how much income tax and prsi contributions I paid for example in the year 2009 to qualify for maternity benefit?. I found out that 2008 and previous years don't qualify me just 2009. I was told if i paid income tax and prsi in 2009 I would get maternity benefit but does it go on how much you tax you paid or just that fact that any amount was paid at all? and if so do I get a fixed amount of maternity benefit then? very confused.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/c...ts-to-families-and-children/maternity_benefit

link above for conditions to qualify.

I dont think it has anything to do with tax paid. It is based on paid contribution weeks.

The amount paid depends on your gross wage. They calulate amount due based on this.

The link above should have most of the answers you need

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll have a look at that. cheers

Your entitlement to Maternity Benefit has nothing to do with the amount of tax you paid.It is based purely on your PRSI contributions as per the link

Ive been self employed for many many years and I'm sorry to say but we were and are not entitled to anything. never got a thing in over 30 years wife never got anything maternity,teeth,benefit allowances,medical cards, welfare nothing and was often on the bread line. So best of luck and hope you get something.

Back