Match for Michaela - do we need yet another charity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know of her at all though, and an analogy that includes a former rose of tralee, with a popular soap character that was watched by millions for the guts of 30 years, hardly makes sense now does it?

Isn't the purpose of an analogy to draw parallels between two different stories? I never said Michaela Harte was on a par with Bill Tarmey. I just said that we learned more about both of them after their respective deaths. Hardly an earth shattering conclusion?

Isn't the purpose of an analogy to draw parallels between two different stories? I never said Michaela Harte was on a par with Bill Tarmey. I just said that we learned more about both of them after their respective deaths. Hardly an earth shattering conclusion?

I understand the purpose of an analogy, but learning more about a famous actor after they die is customary, because they always had fame, and learning more about a murder victim is customary because of the nature of death, not because she was a celebrity, which is what I'm arguing; she wasn't a 'celeb' before her death, and the level of coverage would most likely not have been as extensive had she not been Mickey Hartes daughter.

and the level of coverage would most likely not have been as extensive had she not been Mickey Hartes daughter.

Obviously not, but I still don't see how this is relevant to anything. The late Marie Keating wouldn't have been famous but for her son Ronan's massive success but does this impact on the usefulness of the Foundation named after her?

And how many non-celebrity murder victims have had their weddings covered by national media before their deaths?

Finally, what were we discussing again? I'm starting to forget...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back