Marathon-Help Me: problems with chafing of my inner thighs?

LimerickMan

Hi all, I'm planning to run the marathon in Dublin next Monday but I'm having problems with chafing of my inner thighs. It's only become an issue in the last month or so and it's very uncomfortable. It's not the shorts I'm wearing, the problem is "skin on skin" friction as oppossed to "skin on fabric". I've tried Vaseline but it doesn't work as it rubs off on long distance runs. Anyone got any ideas?

Re: Marathon-Help Me

Anyone got any ideas?
What about wearing tight lycra cycling shorts to run in until it heals..will stop the skin on skin rubbing ;) Also sudocream is great for skin problems..lash it on every night and u should be good to go!

agree with swordshead it would take some work to get sudocream off it is a barrier cream which is 100% zinc. That and lycra should do the job

You should get "Bodyglide" its made specifically for that problem during running, I never have that problem anymore, I know you can getting in a running store in belfast called up and running

Good luck to everyone running next monday.
Hopw we have a fine day!

Good luck to everyone running next monday.
Hopw we have a fine day!

well..... i swear by MetCheck and the
Rainy and windy on Monday 29th.
It is simply a typical October Monday bank holidays weather!!!
I know who to blame now if i do not reach my time target...

This looks like a good weather guide for coastal areas - its aimed at windsurfers but..why not use it anyway?

http://www.windguru.com/int/index.php?sc=47771

According to this, its going to be a bit chilly, 8 to 10C, clouding up through the day but dry. Wind is expected to be westerly and strong; 17 - 22 mph, so get shelter where you can - behind other runners etc

Best of luck everyone. Give a shout to any Eagle AC runners (black singlets) you see!!

Good luck, my sister is joining the rest of you nut bags doing it!

Hi Marathon Man
I'm also doing the marathon on mon:eek: .
This will be my 6th on on every occasion i've used vaseline. Don't be afraid to absolutely lash the stuff on!
If it does wear off the St Johns Ambulance people along the way always have tubs of it to top you up.
Best of luck on Mon, I hear its going to be raining :mad:
Mark

I actually got something called Ozone in a sports shop, apparently it does the same job as Bodyglide. Thanks for the advice and best of luck to all on Monday!

What a beautiful day it was... i am glad Metcheck had got their 7-day forecast slightly wrong in the good way..

So, how did you get on with Ozone?

I personally used Bodyglide and got no chafing/friction burn/...
Also, got the right combination of socks/shoes, so did not get any blisters either. Thanks God, as the last few miles were a bit though... so can not image how painfull these could be with injuries....

How did ye get on? I took up long distance running only this year, and having read the interviews with marthon runners in the papers over the weekend I have been inspired! Not sure when it will happen as still a bit chicken, but would love to run a marathon one day.

Referring to Mondays race, I found the conditions almost perfect apart from the slightly stiff wind in places. Its been the best one in many years also with the on-couse intertainment and crown support. I enjoyed it, and no aches to report!

Congrats to all who took part.

I run and have done half-marathons and enjoy them with no ill effects. I have never considered doing the marathon because after and hour and a half on the course, I could not imagine running that same distance again...

My friend did the marathon this year - his first ever race - and he did sub 4 hours. I find myself jealous and am considering trying for the marathon but cannot square in my own head how its physically possible to exert yourself like that, for that length of time, and walk away afterwards.

Sorry if that sounds stupid, but has anyone anything they can say about the experience of the marathon and getting round the course that might help put some reason on it?

Back