Management Fees from previous owner

I

Indy

Hi,
I have recently bought an apartment almost 6 months back and since then have not received any management fees statement. I got a bit worried and called up the management company only to find out that there is an excess of 3000 euros arrears in managment fees on my apartment. They said that the previous owner has not paid the maintenance for the year 2005 and 2006. It came as a shock to me since during the time of closing my solicitor had clearly stated that the maintenance fees are upto date and that I have to only pay for the remaining half. Can anyone please advice what I can do at this point.?

Rgds/Indy

It's usual for the management lease to require that all outstanding management charges are discharged before the property can be sold. Your solicitor probably should have spotted this. Get onto them and ask them what the story is.

Talk to your solicitor. The Management Company will have issued replies to PreContract Requisitions which will have included a section on whether there were outstanding Management Company fees. Either they or the Vendor/Vendor's Solicitor made a mistake or your own solicitor made a mistake.

mf

Thanks guys ! Will talk to my solicitor and keep you posted

same thing happened to me recently, but on a much smaller scale... around €250. I rang my solicitor & they got it sorted. not sure who paid it in the end, either them or vendor but it's been paid.

Same thing happened to me when I bought my apartment..Solicitor should have spotted it...Theres some kind of formal document that the sellers solicitor provided that confirmed that all outstanding amounts were paid...Some kind of undertaking...In any case..once my solicitor chased it the amount was paid pretty quickly...

Just curious. Why do you post multiple full stops at the end of every sentence in every post?

Back