Management Company not responding to my phone calls, e-mails etc.

R

Ria75

I have been trying to contact my Management Company about claiming on my building insurance in relation to a leak in an internal wall from a radiator - I have phoned, e-mailed written letters and to no avail! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Stop paying them - they will make contact pretty quick and you can explain that you won't pay for such bad service.

Send them a registered letter advising that you will be holding them responsible for any further damage, the cost of the repairs if the Insurance Co are not notified immediately and as you are unable to mitigate your loss, for personal damages. Also write to the Directors of the Management Company advising them of the circumstances and finally stop paying the MA.

Ria - Have you tried contacting the Management Agents for the property in question ???

I haven't paid them yet - that's another story! They invoiced for for 2 years even though I had paid the 1st years charges. They haven't returned calls on that either. I'll write to the directors and see what happens. I'm dealing with the Management Agents, sorry if that's mislead anyone!

Stop paying them - they will make contact pretty quick and you can explain that you won't pay for such bad service.

No!! Given that the OP has now clarified they meant the management agent is not responding, refusing to pay fees is 1 - in breach of lease agreement signed at purchase and 2 - potentially affecting vital services such as electricity, refuse and insurance for the development.

If the management agent is not responding to calls, do some research. I got the CEO of our agent's mobile phone number very easily and it's amazing how things have looked up since then. Also worth checking out www.neighbours.ie

Would you consider calling to their offices in person, and not leaving until you get satisfaction? I know you shouldn't have to do this, but it's a lot harder to ignore someone who is complaining loudly to the receptionist every time another visitor is present.

That sounds good in theory but I wouldn't be any good at that! I'd be all apologetic to the poor receptionist cos it's not his/her fault! I'll try the registered letter route first any see if I get anywhere. Thanks anyway!

If you do find you have to go in in person. Go in prepared. Jot down each of the points you want to make, bring all correspondence or evidence of same and if you feel you can't be hard enough, bring along someone who is good at looming for support. Make sure they are fully familiar with what your complaint is but make it clear you are the one doing the complaining and they are there to back you up otherwise they might find themselves in the driving seat!

Back