making voluntry contributions to UK state pension

dandy

I have received a letter from HM Revenue advising me on the years and amounts I need to pay to buy back qualifing years for a state pension from the UK. Can anyone advise as to the best method of doing this, cheque, sterling draft or direct debit, and is it important to fill in form CF 83, not sure how to answer some of the questions regarding " Ordinarily resident " My wife has also worked in the UK for 17 yrs. if we pay back the required number of years will she also be entitled to a UK pension?.Would be gratefull for any help Thanks.

Have the U.K pension section given you full details of what level of pension you would receive if you simply did nothing and made no further payments. Do I therefore assume that you can buy back the missing years and continue making payments from there on. Is this therefore a good investment. Perhaps you have already done the sums.

Have you checked what level of Irish Pension you may be entitled to at age 65 or 66 (or will we all be working till 96)

Sorry if this is a little off your question and I'm not sure about the best method of payment or the details of the forms you have

I received a UK Pension Forecast letter recently with the option to pay contributions by a given year.
If paying by cheque it has to be in sterling, but request Leaflet INS13 which gives information on paying when abroad.
Get a Pension Forecast for your wife - she will get a UK pension in her own right if she has paid contributions for 17 years.

Thanks for all the help, just paid 5 yrs for each of us apparently if you have 30 qualifying years you are entitled to a full UK pension. I decided to pay up my wifes as well as if anything were to happen to me she would not be entitled to a pension here.

Back