Mains pressure to boiler

HMD

I got a new condenser boiler installed in the attic. The Rad in the kitchen was disconnected when they got the new boiler working, so yesterday the kitchen rad got connected and the pressure dropped in the boiler.

When our builder turned on the mains tap to refill the boiler it only got to .3bar. We've had low pressure since the snow so i'd say that's the problem there. The installer called around today and used an electric pump to get the pressure up to 1bar.

What i need to know is, would a hand pump connected to the mains pipe going into the boiler do the job if it ever drops again and the mains pressure is low?

i don't want to spend a load of money on a pump that'll only be used once or twice a year or maybe never if the mains pressure goes back to normal, that's why i'm thinking hand pump.

thanks

Not an expert so will probably get shot down here, although people are kind on this forum! We too have a condensing boiler in the attic. We have a filling loop that can top up the pressure, by taking water from an attic tank and feeding it back into the system - I think!

I assume that if the mains pressure was low that I could simply manually/physically fill the tank in the attic and use this tank to fix the pressure via the filling loop.

I know easier said than done but for a once a year it may be an option. It would bringing water up to the attic, bottles/buckets up to the attic not that practical and maybe other issues I've missed.

Back