M50 Toll - received letter for someone else

IWONDER

Hi there,

I couldn't see anything similar posted so just said I would ask.
I received two e-flow statements to my house today, both addressed to somebody with a foreign name. I have no idea who this person is and I am pretty sure they were never resident in the property before me as I believe it was never rented out.
The car reg listed was a 95 D ...., and I am just wondering is there anywhere that I can check to find out when the car was registered in this persons name - I need to find out who is using my address. Can I go to the guards with this?

Thanks.

Why did you open mail that is not addressed to you? This is an offence. The correct thing to do was to mark the envelopes "Not Known At This Address" and drop the letters into a post box.

Why did you open mail that is not addressed to you? This is an offence. The correct thing to do was to mark the envelopes "Not Known At This Address" and drop the letters into a post box.

Exactly.

I don't think you have anything to worry about anyway since I assume the car reg. is not yours.

To be honest I had the letter torn open anyway before I realised that it wasn't my name on it. I'm just concerned that someone else has their car registered at my address - would this not worry you?

Surely this is an issue for the Data Protection Officer too? The fact that they are sending out details to the wrong people.

You should also inform the Vehicle Registration Unit that the vehicle is registered incorrectly - I'd assume that this will raise a flag on the Garda computer the next time the car is stopped at a checkpoint.

Back