Lusk or Balbriggan

True, if you are referring to the greater townsland of lusk, and not to the village itself.
My main objection would be that Lusk technically already has a dump, in Ballealy, although, again, its pretty well hidden from public view (with exception of the train line). From a recycling point of view, Ballealy is a great resource these days.

Unfortunately dumps need to be situated 'somewhere'. They are like halting sites or incinerators; everyone needs them, but nobody want them closeby :)

Except the extra trucks on the roads in the area heading for the dump
Aside from the other points which are valid, the trucks will use the M1 when heading for the dump. The M1 has plenty of extra capacity.

The R132 and R127 both have 80kph limits, whilst the M1 has a 120 kph limit.

It a fact of the matter that travelling at the speed limits for those roads you would travel from Balbriggan to Dublin faster than you can travel from Lusk to Dublin, it's not something thats open to opinions.

Nonsense! I refuse to believe that you can be in Dublin quicker from Balbriggan than Lusk by car. I believe you have to get onto the M1 first and for that you have to use secondary roads which also have a lower speed limit. I can make it to the Rotunda from my house in under 20 mins beat that! Besides I have done both journeys many times.

Anyway who really cares, its not like it Balbriggan against Lusk. I looked at all towns in North Dublin choose Lusk from my list of Pros and Cons and am very happy with my choice. You did the same I'm sure and choose Balbriggan. Clearly we wanted different things and Im sure you like Balbriggan.

It must be pretty expensive compared to old Dublin bus. That reminds me of another bit plus for Lusk and indeed Rush if anyone is thinking of buying in North Couty Dublin. They are the last two towns in the inner zone which makes a hell of a difference to your train fares!

Aside from the other points which are valid, the trucks will use the M1 when heading for the dump. The M1 has plenty of extra capacity.

Lets make it very clear that the Dump proposed for North County Dublin is in the Townland of Lusk which is the largest twonland in Fingal. It is 3 km away from the village and on the other side of the M1 and old N1. This will not affect the village of Lusk.

To worry about the dump affecting the village would be like people in Glasnevin worrying about the dump in Finglas.

Its nowhere near the village. Its just a shame that the people responsible for the dump keep saying its in lusk without explaining themselves as it causes this confusion.

Nonsense! I refuse to believe that you can be in Dublin quicker from Balbriggan than Lusk by car. I believe you have to get onto the M1 first and for that you have to use secondary roads which also have a lower speed limit. I can make it to the Rotunda from my house in under 20 mins beat that! quote]

I find it hard to believe you can get from Lusk to the rotunda in 20 minutes, unless you're driving it in the middle of the night and ignoring the speed limit. The best I've ever done was about 35 minutes with minimal traffic on the road.

Nonsense! I refuse to believe that you can be in Dublin quicker from Balbriggan than Lusk by car. I believe you have to get onto the M1 first and for that you have to use secondary roads which also have a lower speed limit. I can make it to the Rotunda from my house in under 20 mins beat that! Besides I have done both journeys many times.
The quickest you can do that journey by adhering to the speed limits is 27 minutes. Boasting on a public forum about breaking the rules of the road wouldn't be the wisest move.

This will not affect the village of Lusk.

Its nowhere near the village. Its just a shame that the people responsible for the dump keep saying its in lusk without explaining themselves as it causes this confusion.
Whats your thoughts on possibility of comtamination of the water table at Bog of the Ring, and the water treatment plant at Bog of the Ring and it's supply of drinking water to parts of Lusk (village)?

The Bog of the Ring Treatment Plant also supplies most of Balbriggan..... It will affect both towns equally!

Lusk is not a townland, it is a parish comprised of many townlands, some of which will be the site of the new dump, sorry,landfill. Johnstown, Tooman , the Nevitt any of those ring a bell? it might not affect anyone living in the village, but what about the families that will be evicted from their homes ,some of them have farmed that land since the 1700's, but sure what would you blow ins know about that?

Oh great, bandy around terms like "blow-in" how wonderfully welcoming to all the new people in communities across the North County. I do hope you're joking.
Perhaps those of you who are interested in the impact of the landfill (and I agree) would do well to review the conditions placed on it by An Bord Pleanala.

FYI it will also encroach on Naul & Stephenstown areas.

FYI it will also encroach on Naul & Stephenstown areas.
It won't be anywhere near Stephenstown, I'm guessing your got your townlands mixed up as thats just way off.

Familiarize yourself with the area: [broken link removed]

I'm actually extremely familiar with the area. Environmental assessments have proven that dust and other run off from the landfill will reach as far as Stephenstown. Something that the EPA & An Bord Pleanala neglected to adequately deal with when granting the PP imho.

I'm actually extremely familiar with the area. Environmental assessments have proven that dust and other run off from the landfill will reach as far as Stephenstown.
Having read the Environmental Impact Statement I didn't see Stephenstown mentioned once, I find it strange that it wouldn't be mentioned.

Yes perhaps I was too harsh with my use of the term 'blow ins' , sorry about that to all you new Luskers. Welcome to Lusk , Home of the country's largest Superdump, actually I think it will be the largest in Europe........ and open seven days a week , what a great resource!

Back