Lunch in Wicklow - recommendations?

onekeano

Taking a spin out in Wicklow tomorrow and was look for a decent place to have lunch. Just called Woods in Roundwood but apparently they only do lunches on Sunday. Any recommendations would be appreiciated.

Roy

The Wicklow Heather in Laragh...... Best around imo ... Hugh menu too.
Just a satisfied (on more than one occasion) customer...

I'd second that recommendation for the Wicklow Heather (in fact I clicked on your post specifically to recommend it, not knowing that someone had beaten me to it.)

Just back from a terrific weekend there, staying in the attached B&B. Extremely good value and the food in the restaurant is very good. It's also a lovely spot decor-wise - decorated with (presumably) the owner's hugely impressive collection of Irish first and rare editions.

(Though if the owner is reading this, though, s/he might consider moving some of those interior lights in the cases away from the pages and spines of those books...)

Anyway, great restaurant, lovely atmosphere.

If it's County Wicklow, and you're passing through the Glen of The Downs, the food in the Glenview hotel is very nice. We had the bar menu there a a couple of weeks ago, and it was delicious; I'd imagine the restaurant is good too. Very nice views of the Glens, and the gardens are beautiful for a stroll around too.

Leitrim Lounge in Wicklow Town by the bay does fantastic food. Carvery & Evening Menu.

[broken link removed]

No affiliated but have had the odd session in their...

(edit) +1 Gelnview too, great spot on a sunny day for a walk.

Bates Restaurant in Rathdrum is also very nice, check out their web site,
I ate here earlier in the year and it was very enjoyable and a good value early bird. The room itself was so cold but that shouldn't be too much of an issue in the summer.

Thanks everyone - much appreciated, had lunch in the Wicklow Heather today and got lots of brownie points so many thanks, sounds like lots more reasons to head back down that neck of the woods.

Roy

Saw this and loved the look of the Heather in Laragh from location to menu. Looks fab. Took time off work there last week to end sick so got nowhere so might treat myself to a night or two here in Sept.

Back