Lufthansa

bq67ie

Hi

Have heard mixed reports on Lufthansa. They seem quite cheap but apparently do not offer the same comforts as other airlines. Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Very comfortable to fly with, particularly long haul. Short haul you'll get a drink and a cheese roll - not filling, but wouldn't kill ya. Dependant on where your going look at Swiss , they are part of Lufthansa and fares on the same flights (code share) can be almost half of the Lufthansa fare :)

Eoin

Cheers

Flying from Dublin to Bangkok and back from Beijing, so Lufthansa via Frankfurt seems handiest. Swiss don't have a Beijing flight, but thanks for the tip - will retain for future reference!

They're okay but you can do better - though you might have to pay a little more.

Main downside is that the inflight entertainment is poor - no individual TVs in economy class on any long haul Lufthansa flights - whereas most other airlines offer this now which makes a big difference on long haul flights

Seat pitch is fairly crap, food is pretty poor - but then that's not going to be very different from any other airline.

Frankfurt is a fairly decent airport to connect through though - but then they only have 3 flights a day to Dublin so the timings might not work out too ideal.

I used to travel with them regularly, and found them to be very good. Their partner airlines, however, are even better. Thai Airways are excellent. My wife got food poisoning from something she ate in Bangkhok airport and was nursed by 3 stewardesses for 10 hours all the way home!

Thanks EvilDoctorK & RedBranch

Your opinions more or less fit in with what I've heard. Basic but efficient.

At the moment they are working out approx 200/250 cheaper than the alternatives, so I might just bring a good book and my archos, and to hell with their in flight entertainment!

I liked flying with them but heard people in work complain about flying economy to Bangalore with them. Have you considered taking Gulf Air instead. Their Business Class costs the same as Thai economy. I thought they were decent, no booze of course but better off anyway. Really tasty buffet in the lounge in Bahrain too and you can avoid Heathrow.

Back