LTV 30% - advice please!

lola1979

Hi All

I have a current mortgage of 170k which i took out 2 years ago with EBS - current rate is 5% variable. The house is valued at approx 550k and I'm thinking of changing my mortgage - looking at halifax? can anyone offer any advice?

thanks,
lola

NIB have the best deal in Ireland for low LTVs, it's ECB rate + 0.50% for LTVs under 50%.

So that's 3.75 + 0.50 = 4.25% at the moment.

NIB have a .5 tracker but apparantly are very slow on turnaround due, naturally, to the huge interest in this rate.

BOSI havea a .55 tracker but are definitely quicker on the turnaround.

NIB have a .5 tracker but apparantly are very slow on turnaround due, naturally, to the huge interest in this rate.

Better to endure a slow turnaround and get the cheapest mortgage.

Better to endure a slow turnaround and get the cheapest mortgage.

For the sake of an extra €5 a month I think the OP is right to go with BOS. A slow turnaround means the OP is going to have to continue paying a higher interest rate on their existing mortgage for longer than is necessary.

From experience,

Have been in contact with NIB since November. Stage payment No. 1 due 2 weeks ago. Money still another few weeks away. Must now pay for the first stage payment myself with money that I was planning on using for sanitary ware, solar system etc.
Bank branch are extremely short staffed and only interested in 'selling me' life assurance, fire insurance etc. I am now wondering if its worth it. I know AIB have a similar offer at .55% I think, might give them a ring.

We just signed today switching to the NIB LTV mortgage and has been painless so far taking about 4 weeks. Hopefully it will keep moving this quickly.

Back