Ltd company set up, Unusual situation

B

Buidnessman

Hi,Iam hoping to get some opinions /advise. I have been working abroad for the last 6 years in various european countries. Im now basing myself in Ireland because I have a family and a house there etc but I will not be working in Ireland. As I dont spend more than 180 days in any country that I work in I want to set up a ltd company in Ireland as its where I will normally reside.My question is this, Having not been in the Irish tax system for years can I just pop up on the radar so to speak and start a Ltd company without having any previous tax history.

Hi Buidnessman, your tax history is irrelevant to setting up a limited company so that's no problem.

If you decide to pay yourself a salary from the company, you will need a PPS number if you don't already have one. But there's no difficulty with going ahead and incorporating a company.

Hi Buidnessman, your tax history is irrelevant to setting up a limited company so that's no problem.

If you decide to pay yourself a salary from the company, you will need a PPS number if you don't already have one. But there's no difficulty with going ahead and incorporating a company.
As said it's no problem, but same situation as a few years ago, when I registered the company for tax, got a call from revenue inquiring what I had been up to for the past 6 years. Told them working abroad and no problem.

Back