LPT & NPPR: How the NPPR abolition work in practice?

JPKY

Can somebody explain how the NPPR abolition works, in practice...

My NPPR is due in June- do I still pay this €200 for 2013? I.e the new LPT stucture does not come into effect for 2nd properties until 2014? So in my case for 2013 I'll be paying six months of LPT for my PPR and €200 on my NPPR?

Confusion over LPT on second home

Please will somebody tell me do we have to pay LPT on a second home (or holiday home) for which we will be paying €200 this year. My understanding is that the LPT is being introduced instead of the household charge and I thought it applied to all houses, but having read the above posts I'm very confused.

Please will somebody tell me do we have to pay LPT on a second home (or holiday home) for which we will be paying €200 this year. My understanding is that the LPT is being introduced instead of the household charge and I thought it applied to all houses, but having read the above posts I'm very confused.

LPT will be payable on every property you own.

It's getting very confusing. There are currently 3 different taxes/charges.

1. The new tax is the LPT, local property tax and is based on which valuation band you are in and it applies to all properties. For the first year, 2013 we all pay half of this.

2. The NPPR is ending this year, so the last year to pay it is 2013. This did not apply to all properties but only to Non Principal Private Residences (holiday homes and let properties). 200 Euro per property or unit.

https://www.nppr.ie/default.aspx

3. The household charge, for all properties, was a one off charge in 2012, it cost 100 Euro per unit/property and it is being replaced by the LPT. If you pay it now it costs 130 Euro. This government special offer is available until April 2013 so it's going fast. And it's somehow going to be added on to the LPT if you have not already paid it and then it will go up to 200 Euro.

[broken link removed]

Back