LPT:Check Bank Statement - although only one property two deductions were taken.

Brighid

I just want to advice people who have paid their LPT on line to check their bank statements. We have discovered that although we have only one property that two deductions were taken.

For how much? Did it add up to what you owe in total, or more than what you think your LPT should be?

I saw a post on FB, a man charged twice for same property, told he wouldnt get his refund till at least start of June.

PaddyW, we estimated our LPT to be 337 and this 337 was deducted twice on May 1st.

I saw a post on FB, a man charged twice for same property, told he wouldnt get his refund till at least start of June.

What's FB? If revenue are making a lot of mistakes like this it could cause untold stress for people who just about can afford the tax. It could have hugh implications for people's bank accounts etc.

What's FB? If revenue are making a lot of mistakes like this it could cause untold stress for people who just about can afford the tax. It could have hugh implications for people's bank accounts etc.

FB is facebook.

Yes, I contacted Revenue who told me to write to Limerick for a refund which I have done.

Another good reason not to give revenue your bank details.

Pay in the post office for peace of mind.

I just want to advice people who have paid their LPT on line to check their bank statements. We have discovered that although we have only one property that two deductions were taken.

Could it be the case that when you entered all bank details and proceeded to payment that you got a transaction not completed type message and proceeded to input all details again?
I know when i paid my aunt's, that it seemed as if the payment hadn't gone through at once but when i logged in later it had.

Back