LPA Application help Please

cizzy

Friday is my last day in work and i will be applying for LPA but really have no idea where to start. This is the first time i will be applying as i have always worked since the brith of my daughter 4 years ago. So far I have the forms at home but what do i need to do with them and where should i bring them. There is a section for the CWO to fill out so does that mean that i can't apply until i have seen her?

My landlord thank god has agreed to accept RA from me but again this is my first time applying and am not sure exactly waht steps to take. Any help ye can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Most local offices take OFP (or LPA) claims so you should call to them with completed forms, ID, certs etc.. In any case, you may be entitled to half-rate JB as well as OFP so you should make a claim for that as well in the local office from Monday.

Thanks for the reply Welfarite. Can you please explain how i may be entitled to half rate JB as well. I hadn't come across this anywhere and i am a bit ignorant to the workings of the social welfare system. I would like to be totally aware of what i am entitled to before i go to see them on Monday.
Thanks.

Because you've been working and have paid sufficient PRSI contributions, you are entitled to Jobseeker's Benefit. If you're on One Parent Family payment, you can only get half the amount of Jobseeker's you'd be entitled to if it were your only source of income.

I've had a look at the online OFP application form and there is no section for the CWO to complete. There is a section for the Social Welfare Inspector to complete, s/he is a different person, who assesses your OFP claim and will visit you or meet you in a Social Welfare Office.

As Welfarite said, complete the OFP form and call into your nearest SW Local office next week where you can hand it in and make a claim for Jobseeker's as well. Have a read of the sticky post in the "Redundancy" forum on AAM, where Welfarite posted a very comprehensive guide to claiming Jobseeker's.

The application for Rent Supplement is made to the local CWO.

Back