Lower fuel prices on the quays in Dublin!

vandriver

The petrol station on the quays in dublin has lowered its prices by 55c a litre for unleaded and 46c for diesel !(not typos)

Re: Lower fuel on the quays!

The petrol station on the quays in dublin has lowered its prices by 55c a litre for unleaded and 46c for diesel !(not typos)

Did they not start from a very high base though - what are their adjusted prices?.

Re: Lower fuel on the quays!

Did they not start from a very high base though - what are their adjusted prices?.
Try www.pumps.ie perhaps? I believe that you are correct though - they were by far one of the most expensive sources of fuel up to recently. There was a recent thread which mentioned this.

I wonder if they are feeling the pinch from the new Topaz garage down in the Docks as they used to be the first petrol station that anyone coming off the boats would come across if they were heading towards the M50!!

That petrol station used to be the cheapest in dublin about 7 years ago. My father in law always filled up there. A few years ago it became the most expensive. Very odd....

I think I read somewhere that the franchisee was to be bought out or the supply contract not being renewed as the prices charged were a major embarassment to the fuel supplier - may now be under new management?

Didn't Statoil or some other fuel supplier/company recently change hands or merge or something? Would that be relevant? Apologies for the total vagueness! :eek:

Why are petrol prices still getting threads?

Do you all shop around for bread, milk, etc..,

The best petrol savings are to be found on the accelerator.

Because the price increases have been astronomical recently and are projected to rise even higher? Fair content for new threads to me anyway.
A thread on how to drive with a little less lead in your right foot would be more productive than threads rabbiting on about the latest prices.

I wish askaboutmoney didn't allow threads covering speculation on petrol prices :rolleyes:

Why are petrol prices still getting threads?

Do you all shop around for bread, milk, etc..,

The best petrol savings are to be found on the accelerator.

In fairness you buy one litre of milk or one loaf of bread every few days whereas you might buy 60 litres of fuel so a 10cent saving actually equates to €6 per fill. Nearly a couple of extra 'pints' of beer for your Friday night!

In fairness you buy one litre of milk or one loaf of bread every few days whereas you might buy 60 litres of fuel so a 10cent saving actually equates to €6 per fill.
I would still reckon that most people normally spend a lot more on food (including both eating in and eating out) than do they do on petrol. They don't appear to be in the least price-sensitive when it comes to food. More shopping is done in Spar & Centra than in Aldi or Lidl.

Very true, but without going off topic one could argue that the quality of food in certain shops is better than other with lower prices (and I'm not saying it is but just making the point) but in general petrol and diesel are the same no matter where you buy - I know there are some who would argue this is also not quite true but in general, and if not this doesn't explain the difference in price.

Back