Love Irish Food

Doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the Government. Sounds like it was set up by various Irish Brands.

Yes Mathepac - because the govt won't clearly state the guidelines re how to know where the food on the supermarket shelf or the restaurant plate is from........so now it's just becoming a mess for the average shopper/dinner to understand what is what!! Which leaves it wide open for the consumer to be conned, which is happening to everyone of us every day. It takes a huge amount of time to query and question where food is from....and having done it, it's exhausting also.

Finally, even if they (govt) did have guidelines, they don't have the guts to enforce it.
Thanks for reading.

Eh? I thought this is simply a marketing initiative undertaken by a number of private producers from their own resources to promote their brands domestically. AFAIK it is Bord Bias' job to develop markets, not to promote particular brands on behalf of producers. Obviously Bord Bia has a key function in traceability issues but traceability regulation is several steps removed from the subject of the post.

Of course, as consumers of these products we'll ultimately wind up carrying the costs if we choose to buy the product.

I'm not sure why Bord Snip would be of any more relevance here than it is in any other private advertising initiative?

Extract from e-mail inviting us to join, at a fee, the Love Irish Food campaign:

Start: Love Irish Food chairman Jim Power said yesterday that consumers had become confused over what 'Irish' meant in relation to FMCG products, and amid increased pressure from imported alternatives, Irish brands needed a mechanism by which they could stand out on-shelf.:End

Surely its the job of Bord Bia to remove this confusion - does our not company not pay enough taxes for these guys to do their job instead of private enterprises banding together to try get money out of us to do the same thing???

A lot of the brands listed whilst 'Irish' by virtue of being Irish owned or manufactured do not use Irish ingredients or produce, therfore Bord Bia coud not be involved I imagine.

What did the 'Guaranteed Irish' moniker denote anyway? Irish owned or Irish ingredients
Apart from a sense of patriotism if you bought it :)

Back