Lots of Package Holiday Bargains Available . . .

Leper

I don't know if this qualifies for AAM. I spoke to my friendly Travel Agent saleslady yesterday who informed me that they are selling off "availability" now. I think this refers to what holiday dates are now left over from their heavy sales campaigns earlier in the year.

I suppose it is along the lines that an empty plane seat makes = Nil Income. Good sales ploy though where they have already sold holidays at their highest profit margins and now are selling the same holidays for less. I'm sure there is a word for this within the financial world.

The above is good news for anybody who intends to but has not booked a holiday yet. But, it is a kick to where it hurts for the guy who books the family every year during January.

I don't know if this qualifies for AAM. I spoke to my friendly Travel Agent saleslady yesterday who informed me that they are selling off "availability" now. I think this refers to what holiday dates are now left over from their heavy sales campaigns earlier in the year.

I suppose it is along the lines that an empty plane seat makes = Nil Income. Good sales ploy though where they have already sold holidays at their highest profit margins and now are selling the same holidays for less. I'm sure there is a word for this within the financial world.

The above is good news for anybody who intends to but has not booked a holiday yet. But, it is a kick to where it hurts for the guy who books the family every year during January.

What travel agent said that? I have to book a 2 week
Holiday for 2 adults, 2 children in June- no joy yet

What is this term "travel agent"?! I thought they were extinct!

Yep, I'm living in a time-warp. I refer to the local pharmacy as the chemist's shop. I don't turn on the television before 5.55pm anyday unless there is a match I want to see. I still have my dinner no later than 1.00pm. And . . . Oh yes! the guys who sell holidays, I still refer to them as Travel Agents. Better again, I don't go into supermarkets on Sundays. I'm probably a walking anarchronism.

Ah, that would be supply and demand....

Hi Leo, you're probably right and perhaps it would be better if we waited every year until April to book rather than being sucked into booking more expensive same options in January?

Yeah, January is always the most expensive time to buy a package holiday as lots of people like to cheer up the post Christmas lull with dreams of the summer holiday. People with fixed availability or requirements for a specific resort will often book then to be sure of their preferences.

If you're flexible on dates or destination, there can be bargains to be had if you hold out.

I never used Travel Agents until I was going to New York with my mam and saw a deal with an agent....I'd been lots of times booking online directly before but this was a good deal so I booked it. On departure date JFK was closed due to snow...and flight cancelled...and I got all money back. Wouldn't have got back if booked directly.

Back