Lost Social Services Card

cizzy

I seem to have lost my social services card around the house and i could badly do with collecting my child benefit. Does anyone know if there is any chance that the post office will pay out if i go down with ID or will i just have to wait for a new card to be issued. Any replies appreciated.

Are you sure that you need the card? I thought that all you needed was the CB book and (perhaps) photo ID?

The book is no longer in use and you need your card now for both your child benifit and the early childcare supplement, as far as i know this only came into effect last month.

Didn't know that. We were previously claiming ours using the book but switched to bank lodgement a while ago.

Unless the PO is miles away from you then you should obviously just pop down with photo ID (and maybe the stubs from an old CB book if you happen to have one?) and see what they can do for you?

That's my plan. I was just wondering if anyone else has been in the same position and how it worked out for them. Here's hoping.

The Post Office are not supposed to pay any Welfare payments without producing the Social Services Card - in most POs, the counter staff has to swipe the card in order to authorise payment.

Contact your local Social Welfare Office and ask for a replacement card - they can issue you with a temporary card until the new plastic card arrives in the mail.

Back