Lost PSP? Can I claim on house insurance?

Little Sis

My son lost his PSP - told me only after 3 weeks - too scared earlier. Does anyone know if an itme like that (i,e outside home) is covered under home insurance or am I living in cuckoo land?

Regards

Little Sis

Items are often only covered outside of the home if they are specifically detailed on the insurance (e.g. engagement rings often covered this way).

All really depends on the Ts&Cs of the insurance (do check to be sure), but chances are the PSP wouldn't be covered outside of the home.

The type of cover relating to items outside the home is called All Risks, you would most likely need to have a sum insured for unspecified personal effects on your household policy to be able to claim.

Regards,

Michael

[broken link removed]

The type of cover relating to items outside the home is called All Risks, you would most likely need to have a sum insured for unspecified personal effects on your household policy to be able to claim.

Regards,

Michael

[broken link removed]

If you are covered for all risks, then you can definitely claim. I've claimed for stolen wallets and cameras from my home insurance before.

Back