Looking to get US dollar cheque from Irish Bank

Storyman1

Hi, I went over to my local BOI looking to get a check for 50 US dollars, girl on desk said they only give cheques with minimum of 500 dollars, anybody know any Irish institution where I can get a cheque for 50$

Even if you could get one chances are whoever you are giving it to would have problems lodging it and getting it cleared, would probably have to be sent for collection if accepted at all and with the usual charges on that it might not be worth it to receiver for 50 dollars

Bank transfer of some sort?

Hi, I went over to my local BOI looking to get a check for 50 US dollars, girl on desk said they only give cheques with minimum of 500 dollars, anybody know any Irish institution where I can get a cheque for 50$
USD Paypal payment might be a better option, or a USD gift voucher from Amazon or similar. Cheques are just costly and charges to buy them and lodge them.

Who do you need to pay?
Computershare, I was talking to them over the phone about the much dreaded Medallion Signature needed for CRH shares and they advised that if I sent them a check for 50 dollars they would consider waiving the need for medallion signature. its worth a try, I was talking to my sons girlfriend who has friends in New York and she will get it for me, thanks for all your reply's and advice

Back