Looking to buy an External Blu Ray Buner

IrishGunner

Looking to buy a blu ray burner and looking for advice what to buy and where. Saw a few on Amazon but none in a bricks and mortar shop. Still doing some research on the Interweb. Checked ebay and lot of sellers are in China..........

I am looking for an external dvd writer as want to burn a few large files onto the discs

Anyone got any advise or has one and give their opinion

What is your budget? A quick search online shows most external blu-ray writers to be 6x speed and cost about £150-£200

Any reason why it can't be an internal blu-ray drive? They are not hard to install on a desktop PC.

Are the large files just for off-line storage ?

would an external (or 2) 1tb hard drive do the trick instead ?

What size are the files you need to burn ?

K

I agree with Karltimber - if you simply want a backup storage solution, an external hard drive is a good option, you get a decent amount of storage for relatively cheap.

Its for burning Blu Ray movies so they are large files. I know you can convert to smaller size but they loose quality

I have enough storage on external drives and don't want to link them up to tv to play. I have 2 dvd drives on existing Desktop so thats why I was looking for external. Was looking at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-BDX-S500U-Blu-ray-Writer-External/dp/B0042X8PA8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1294786504&sr=8-4 (This) and also getting some blank blu ray disks from [broken link removed]

Have a memory stick I can put them on and insert into usb port on tv but also looking at burning them to disc

Still searching for other options

Bought a new desktop PC and had a blu ray burner installed then looking to get some blank blu ray discs from [broken link removed] Them burn any large files using imgburn

So far have not burned any blu rays yet but given time I will

Back