Looking to buy a nice whiskey for a gift ..

RMCF

.. but don't want to spend a fortune.

Don't want to give just a normal bottle of Jameson's (is there such a thing;)) or Powers. Would like to give a more exclusive one but not a whiskey expert. Maybe spent twice as much as normal for a bottle.

Any tips? Would be nice if it was a boxed one - don't know how much these cost.

I would go for Cardhu. That or Chivas Regal. They're not as expensive as a bottle of Midleton or Johnny Walker blue, but they're classy :)

Green Spot - I was actually recommended this when I went into the whiskey shop on Dawson St looking to buy an expensive Jameson whiskey as a present.

[broken link removed]

Not exceptionally expensive but a great whiskey and fairly rare (only 500 cases a year)

For something special that won't cost a fortune, try a bottle of Crested Ten. A beautiful whiskey at an affordable price and a fantastic taste.

If you know anyone coming over from uk. Stanstead especially, I know you can get a bottle (in box) of Jameson Rare for about €80. €150 at least here. Well worth picking up if you know you are going to need a special present for a 40th or 50th or for anyone who likes something special in a whiskey but usually would not be able to afford it.

Last edited:
Back