Looking to buy a digital camera on-line - are these guys any good ?

burkemg

I'm looking to buy a digital camera on-line
- Sony DSC-H5 - lot cheaper on the web than in Dublin.

Amazon.co.uk will not deliver here

Pixmania are out of stock.

These guys seem to have stock - www.purelygadgets.co.uk.

anyone recommend them or another reputable site.

Thanks

They seem to have a good rating (and the best price, plus an 18-month warranty...) on this Cnet.co.uk price comparison table. £290.95 delivered =+ €432 — not bad.

Komplett.ie stock it too — but not in black! :eek: — for [broken link removed] + €12 delivery.

I just ordered a Sony DSC-W50 from pixmania for €260 inc shipping. This included a 512MB memory stick plus a bag. Purelygadgets looking for almost equivalent in sterling. How do the both of them compare in price for your camera?

I went with pixmania in the end.

It came via dhl - was able to track it from Paris .
Purely gadgets would only send by Royal Mail so was not sure I could rely or track the delivery.

had a VERY bad experience with purelygadgets, which is still ongoing.

I ordered a camera and a case - confirmation said it would take 3-5 days to Ireland. Both were in stock on the website at the time.

Very long story, but guts is over the course of the next 3 weeks I asked a few times how it was going. Got told twice it was ready to dispatch "awaiting pickup by courier"

Finally got reply saying the case was out of stock. But I thought it was being sent twice in the 3 previous weeks?

Half the rigmarole - I agreed to take the camera and cancel the case. So 43 days after I ordered it, I get it!

Now its taken another 2 weeks of back and forth through email (they wont let you speak to a manager when you phone and refuse to phone you when you email them asking), and where I am now is they offered to refund the shipping as a gesture. I said fine, shipping was £20. No we'll give you £5. But shipping was £20. We can't do that we'll give you £5

Basically (I'm honestly not a troublesome consumer!) I've sent 15+ emails, phoned them etc and in the end will end up with half my order (camera only) and being done with it 2 months after I started!

I used them cause they were cheaper than pixmania by a bit, but next time will definitely go elsewhere.

Just my history with them, hope it helps you.

Hi

I would recommend http://www.elara.ie I have just bought a Fuji Fine pix S9600 from them and I am very pleased with the camera. The delivery was excellent you can track your order online no problems at all. Their cameras are very well priced.They also sell memory cards at a good price.

had a VERY bad experience with purelygadgets, which is still ongoing.
Note that the original thread was started in 2006!

Hi

I would recommend http://www.elara.ie I have just bought a Fuji Fine pix S9600 from them and I am very pleased with the camera. The delivery was excellent you can track your order online no problems at all. Their cameras are very well priced.They also sell memory cards at a good price.
First time poster with a gushing report about a commercial site. Hmmm....

Hi

I would second Elara. Bought a Printer from them and had it I think 2 days later. Looking for a Panasonic Camera at the moment which they don't do so might try . Anyone used them? They are very comparable in price with Elara for most products.

Got my fuji cam from [broken link removed] very happy, shipped next day. and free memory card,

I bought my camera from dabs and did not have a good experience anwith them. I would definitely not recommend them to anyone. Having googled them since, I see they get a lot of bad reports.

Hmm Bullf1979 - both your posts are supporting the one company - different names, but same company. Not that I'm doubting your experiences with them - but are you affiliated with them? Suspicious bunch around here - not me, but just to clarify ;)

Dem

Back