Looking for builder for extension in kildare

reb30

I have been looking for builder to do an extension and convert attic, am finding that all the builders who have come to do quotes are saying yeah no problem and giving me quote, had one builder say we would need plans draw up for our own sake but the other builders said we would be wasting our money? Would you get plans drawn up? Also had one particular builder out and he was going on about homebond etc I have checked him out with homebond and they have no information on him...I am confussed now what to do? anyone any advice on finding right builder???? thanks

I have been looking for builder to do an extension and convert attic, am finding that all the builders who have come to do quotes are saying yeah no problem and giving me quote, had one builder say we would need plans draw up for our own sake but the other builders said we would be wasting our money? Would you get plans drawn up? Also had one particular builder out and he was going on about homebond etc I have checked him out with homebond and they have no information on him...I am confussed now what to do? anyone any advice on finding right builder???? thanks

You should probably get plans drawn up if it is a lot of work . At least you know then that all the builders you get to quote are quoting for the same thing, so they can't hit you for 'extras' further down the line. You could get plans drawn up for about 2k.

Back