Looking for advice on Investment Trusts vs ETF's

But with UK shares you don't get credit for any tax withheld by UK . So it appears you're double taxed on this income. This is why I stay away from UK shares personal
In general, there is no WHT on dividends paid by UK companies.

So you might want to reconsider this aversion.

Past performance and all that..I'd argue JAM - JPMorgan American Investment Trust (available on Degiro) is a more reliable IT performer over most time scales.

Charting all these IT's and BRK.b over multiple timescales from 1 year, 3 year, 5 year and 10 , JAM seems to be a consistent performer and most of the time out does the S&P 500 (going out to 10 years its ~300% up vs SPY at 200%, at 5 years its 85% vs 72% ). YMMV

Last edited:
Past performance and all that..I'd argue JAM - JPMorgan American Investment Trust (available on Degiro) is a more reliable IT performer over most time scales.

Charting all these IT's and BRK.b over multiple timescales from 1 year, 3 year, 5 year and 10 , JAM seems to be a consistent performer and most of the time out does the S&P 500 (going out to 10 years its ~300% up vs SPY at 200%, at 5 years its 85% vs 72% ). YMMV
Interesting Im tempted to start doing this now, any advice on cheapest place to buy these its/berkshire?

Back