looking for advice in regards to council property with no water.

coolatjc

Hi any adivce would be much appreciated.

I live in a council house with my family which includes 2 small children. It is a fairly new build about 4-5 years old.

We lost our water last Christmas because of bad weather, we got it back in mid Jan 2010, we reported this to the council.

During the bad weather in the past few weeks we lost our water again, Yet again we reported this to the council who told us to wait for the thaw as our pipes were likely frozen.

During the past 2 days we have had the thaw and all the snow and Ice has gone, but yet we still have no water.

I spoke to the council today and explained to them the situation, i stated that I believed the pipes were not buried deep enough and that because everything had now thawed it was likely that the pipes had now broken and were leaking somewhere.

Thet told me a council engineer would be out today to have a look at the problem but he would not be able to do anything.

THey then explained to me that because Christmas was only a few weeks away the chances were that if they had to do any digging work to get to the pipes it wouldnt be till after Christmas because they were busy!

I said to them that this wasnt good enough, I couldnt go through another Christmas period without water, and that I coudnt keep on begging for water from friends and neighbours for basic things like flushing a loo.

They simply said I would need to see what their engineer said.

Today has been and gone and yet I have had nobody show up at my home as promised to look at the problem.

Please could someone help me with some advice on what can I do?

I really cant go through another Christmas without water, and with the bad weather promised again next week its getting crazy just trying to get water from anywhere.

My neighbours do have water and it only seems to be me who hasnt. And of course when water meters go in nobody will be to happy giving away water there charged for!

Is there any law or rules that I can throw at the council to get them to do something to help me? Is holding back my rent an option to try and get them to move?

Thanks for any advice and help.

Back