looking for a nice relaxing restaurant Dublin City centre

niceoneted

Hi all,
I'm looking for a nice relaxing restaurant Dublin City centre with a great atmosphere, maybe even piano playing in the background/ or some other entertainment. I have found one I think might be right on track - Georges Wine Bar on South Frederick Street - but haven't been there so not 100% sure. It's for this Friday night.
Any suggestions/recommendations very welcome.
Thanks.

Re: Restaurant Recommendation City Centre

The Unicorn on Merrion Row would be my advice. Nice piano bar, good food and relaxing atmosphere and also surrounded by some great bars.

The Unicorn is great in every way, but a little pricey. Is that a concern?

Thanks for that recommendation but it is more than I was planning on spending. Any others suggestions for a more middle of the road to lower high end priced place. Got another recommendation from a freind of the Port House on south william st. anyone been there what would you think?

Thanks

I can highly recommend The Port House, great atmosphere & food. Not too dear, the carafe of house red is very drinkable and not overly-priced. They don't take bookings as far as I know so you just turn up and they'll either have a table for you or you get to sit and wait with a glass of vino. No live music however.

Make sure that wherever you book does not have this 'we need the table in two hours' rule as so many of them are quoting these days. Certainly not relaxing especially for a group.

If you are looking for something authentic (French) and with great atmosphere, try Le Gueuleton on Fade Street, off George's Street. You cannot book, but, can put your name down for a table and find one of the local pubs nearby. Pretty easy to get in at lunch, but, the crowded atmosphere and buzz at night is worth the wait. Prices are not crazy.

This is probably one of the best restaurants in Dublin. If you like food and are not fussy (food wise)... go there!

Check out reviews, menu and prices:-
[broken link removed]

If you are looking for something authentic (French) and with great atmosphere, try Le Gueuleton on Fade Street, off George's Street. You cannot book, but, can put your name down for a table and find one of the local pubs nearby. Pretty easy to get in at lunch, but, the crowded atmosphere and buzz at night is worth the wait. Prices are not crazy.

This is probably one of the best restaurants in Dublin. If you like food and are not fussy (food wise)... go there!

Check out reviews, menu and prices:-
[broken link removed]

I'll second that - I have seen queues begin early on Saturday evenings, but weekdays are normally OK

Agree re Gueleton, as I use it regularly and think its the best in the contexct of fresh ingredients and value for money - even if the chairs and tables are a bit rickety! Also try Fallon & Byrne nearby for a bit more relaxed atmosphere and service at around the same price - great value wine list here.

The Fire Restaurant next door to the Mansion House; is a really nice spot. Great food with a large choice and the prices are fairly reasonable

Back