Long weekend in Rome - Accom, suggestions??

joanod

Hi all

Would be great to hear any ideas. We hope to go to Rome for 5 days 3 adults (including granny) and a young child. We would like to stay in somewhere nice, safe and close to sites. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

J

Hi joanod, we recently stayed at the Hotel Cesari, www.albergocesari.it, and I would highly recommend it for quality and location. The Hotel Regno is just up the street from it and also gets good reviews on tripadvisor as a great value 3 star hotel. Both of these hotels are very central and I would chose to stay in either of them if I was going back to Rome.

Hotel Aliimandi Vaticano is lovely. It's the top rated hotel on Trip Advisor. I stayed here with my wife and it was beautiful. It's small but gorgeous and it is opposite the Vatican Museum. It is close to the Ottaviano Metro stop and it is very quiet at night.

Hotel Forty-Seven we found great.. Location brilliant, building contemporary and bedrooms large. Good breakfast.

Hotel Aliimandi Vaticano is lovely. It's the top rated hotel on Trip Advisor. I stayed here with my wife and it was beautiful. It's small but gorgeous and it is opposite the Vatican Museum. It is close to the Ottaviano Metro stop and it is very quiet at night.

Note that the Vatican is a bit away from most other tourist attractions in Rome. If you're staying within the old city walls, then public transport really isn't necessary for any of the main sights apart from the Vatican.

Good morning all thank you, for your help.
I will check out those hotels, its important that Granny isnt under too much pressure walking and also the little fella, so location is important. I would like a nice hotel are 3 stars comfy, clean, safe etc

Hi
We stayed in an apartment which was great, beside teh Vatican Museum, supermarket nearly, safe area - i think the name was Bassoni Apartments on Via Germanico - all mod cons included the area was lovely and the apartment had two huge bedrooms , two bathrooms, and the sitting room had a foton.
the website romeby.com is excellent and aparments work out much cheaper than hotels for a few people
k

Hang on folks,

Vatican Museum is a long way from the center of things and the Metro skirts around the centre as they cannot dig through Old Rome.

So stay around Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, pantheon, the main shopping street (walking distance).

I'm back from a recent long weekend in Rome. Hotels are quite expensive and of varying standards, so we ended up renting an apartment through
http://www.romecityapartments.com/
which worked out perfectly. You have the freedom of having your own kitchen and being able to have a lie in & late breakfast if you feel like it.
Usually there is a 4 night minimum rental, but if you ring up, they are very helpful and some of the apartments are available for less than 4 nights.

You can get a reasonable hotel for same price with a full breakfast thrown in but some of the locations for the apartments are good.

You will need to be near the Metro if you want to visit the Appian Way (walk on the road stones that all the Romans and anyone entering Rome used), visit the Church of Quo Vadis and Catacombs (allow a day)

Go in to the Museum beside the Forum and visit the Roma Archives - look down at the actual tiled floor Cicero and the rest of them actually walked on.

Above all - read a book on Rome

Update!

We have decided to go for an apartment because most hotels seem to be booked up as we are getting in on a holiday!! We didnt realise, but there seems to be a huge variation in the prices of the appartments. Has anyone ever used home in Rome?? Or another agency they could really recommend???

By means of update and to help others we had a ball. In the End stayed in The Hotel President ( Best western) everything was fine clean and nice, weather was fab!!

Back