Long term in Dublin Airport

Lorraine

has anyone used 'quickpark' at Euro5 per day near Dublin Airport? you can only book online via laser or credit card. Going away early September and thinking of using it; any comments appreciated. Thanks.

Used it once and will definitely use it again. As you say you book and pay online, you give an idea of your arrival and departure times, you are given a code via text, use that code when you arrive at the barrier to open it, you are directed to a free place, a bus comes every five minutes and you are in the terminal within five minutes. Brilliant. You don't travel around north Dublin for twenty minutes like the other long term/holiday car park. On the way back hop into the bus, short delay, get to your car (remember to take note of where you park), go to the barrier exit and just after you exit you get a text thanking you for your custom. That's using technology!!!!

Mind you, you don't necessarily have to book online. Just turn up, collect your ticket at the barrier and pay when leaving via cash or ncredit card. Its an excellent service.

Great service and much cheaper than Aer Rianta if you're planning to go for a long holiday. We paid E95 - Aer Rianta would have charged E152 for the same period.
Mind you, you don't necessarily have to book online. Just turn up, collect your ticket at the barrier and pay when leaving via cash or credit card. Its an excellent service.
Would be wary of just turning up - on the morning we flew out, the Quickpark Car Park was actually full and they were turning people away who hadn't booked.

ubiquitous said:
Mind you, you don't necessarily have to book online. Just turn up, collect your ticket at the barrier and pay when leaving via cash or ncredit card. Its an excellent service.

Just on a cautionary note on that............

I was heading to Southampton for a few days on the Friday of the U2 concert. The traffic was horrendous and we arrived at the QuickPark to find it was full. Eeeeeeeek!!! Drove at high speed to Aer Rianta car park which was also full. Ohmygod!!!!! At this stage running seriously late, nerves in shreds, relationship in ruins as blame/abuse being hurled by both at the other. Thankfully Are Rianta were directing everyone to the short term car park at long term rates so divorce courts narrowly averted. But a salutary lesson in prebooking.

mf

Booked a space in Quickpark online. BUT then, just before departure, b/f sister needed to borrow car - thus we no longer needed spot. We thought that assuming code wasn't entered into carpark, credit card wouldn't be charged. Alas we were wrong! Quickpark charged the cc.

Anyone have any idea if a refund is possible? and how? There's nothing in T&C that says you can't get a refund. Tried ringing the Quickpark ph# of day of departure telling them that we didn't need spot - but guy on other end of phone didn't have a clue.

-soc

It's great value for one or two days. Personally I don't think €35 for week or €70 for a fortnight is cheap regardless of what Dublin Airport Authority is. It depends on where you're going to and for how long. There is need for more competition here.

well just fly out from the City of Culture and only pay €20 per week . . .. . . . given the choice I avoid the big smoke when I can.

mmclo said:
It's great value for one or two days. Personally I don't think €35 for week or €70 for a fortnight is cheap regardless of what Dublin Airport Authority is. It depends on where you're going to and for how long. There is need for more competition here.
It also depends on your other options (e.g. cost of taxi, vs Aircoach). I thought about using Aircoach, but was concerned about the lack of safety for our little one and the duration of the journey.

Left the car in Aer Rianta Long-term carpk (about 4 yrs ago).
Came back after nice weeks hol to find all hub caps were stolen :-(

The guy at the gate said it wasn't their prob, not responsible for security of car, only providing a parking space blah blah...ring the manager.

Silly me, assuming I was paying for a secure parking space - I have not and will NEVER park there again.

You think that's bad, my wife and I headed off on our honeymoon 5 years ago and left her car in the long term carpark at Dublin airport. Found out while on honeymoon that the car had been stolen! Came back and insisted on Aer Rianta paying for a taxi to drive us and our baggage home. The car was recovered but was written off and to add insult to injury the guards hit us with a bill for towage of the vehicle by a private garage! We we're very upset by the whole experience but a letter to Aer Rianta only elicted a "without prejudice" letter to say "sorry but that's life". When I park there now I put a heavy chain and padlock on the steering wheel and accelerator pedal and hope for the best. Mind you i think now that most modern cars are fitted with immobilisers car theft is not such an issue anymore.

Back