Local Authority job - placed in a panel

kate_Pink

Hi,

I received an email from HR stating that I have been placed in the top 10 for an engineering position. I was wondering if there is any chance of being called for the position, or should I forget about it?

How many vacancies are there?
Was the recruitment process for a single LA or was it country wide?

And what was your position on the panel? Obviously the lower the better your chance.

The panel will probably have a duration of maybe two years so you will have a chance of being called to fill a vacancy until the panel expires.

I don`t know how many places are avaiable at the moment.

It was just LA.

I was number 8 on the panel.
The purpose of the panel system is to have in place a number of suitable candidates to fill positions that arise over a period of time. The duration of the panel is normally expressed on the candidate information material you would have received prior to application.

While there is no guarantee of a job offer, the size of the panel is normally reflective of the number of vacancies likely to arise. For example, they would be unlikely to have a panel of 10 for just one position.

Neither would it be uncommon to maintain a panel until everyone on it is offered a position. They would start a process of organising a new competition when the previous panel was nesting its end.

Back