Loan to cover college expenses

scubee

I estimate it will cost €10,000 per year to put my teenager through college starting next year.

Is it possible to get a loan out for €40,000 (in these times) to cover the 4 years or should I attempt to get a loan of €10,000 per year.

What is the most cost effective way to approach this.

I'm sorry robert, when I saw your post I mis read it and thought you said:
The most effective is to sell your teen....

Are you having a laugh? Estimate away, but most teenagers get themselves a part time job to put themselves through college. If they want to move out, they pay for their own accommodation. 10k a year is a hell of a lot of money and having done a year in University I can tell you it does NOT cost 10k!! Unless you're planning on subsidising their socializing also?!?!

What kind of course is this? Here in the UK the tuition fee for one year is £3250 (approximately). Also, undergraduate studies are 3 years. Are you already thinking about a master's after the BA or BSc?

What kind of course is this? Here in the UK the tuition fee for one year is £3250 (approximately). Also, undergraduate studies are 3 years. Are you already thinking about a master's after the BA or BSc?

An Ordinary Degree or sometimes called a Foundation Degree in the UK is 3 years. A Batchelor Degree or an Honours degree is 4 years in Ireland and the UK.

Most Uni degree courses in Ireland are 4 year honours degree courses.

Are you having a laugh? Estimate away, but most teenagers get themselves a part time job to put themselves through college. If they want to move out, they pay for their own accommodation. 10k a year is a hell of a lot of money and having done a year in University I can tell you it does NOT cost 10k!! Unless you're planning on subsidising their socializing also?!?!

My daughters course in Maynooth plus registration fee is nearly 8000 euro which isn't far off 10,000!Plus accomodation is about 300 per month.
She has been trying since she sat her leaving cert for jobs,applying every time she saw one,but to no avail.Too much demand and not enough jobs.

Net64

Does she not qualify for free fees, registration fee excluded?

Still waitin to hear from Local Authority to confirm but should do,yes, as hubbie under the income limit.
But for anyone not eligible for free fees etc that is what they would have to pay.Just posting that fact for dmos87.

Net64

Back