LNB arm moves in violent wind

wishbone

Hi there, I have a Sky dish with 4 LNB. I have a Lidl Receiver. The dish is well fastened to the wall but I find when the wind is particularly strong the arm that the LNB is attached to moves/shakes. The dish seems fine, it's just the arm. Has anyone else had this problem? Also rain effects the quality of the picture, has anyone built a protector for the LNB - do they work?
Dish is perfect on a fine days, but on a windy day like today I know ITVs wouldn't be great, BBC should be OK and the kids stuff - Kix, Pop girl etc will be pretty much a wash out.

Apparently (well according to a guy who did an installation for me) the Lidl dishes and LNB arms are suseptible (sp?) to wind movement more than other dishes. On windy days I think if one channel is affected, all should be.

Sorry - I misread your post. I think that a new dish with arm is needed then. The dish and arm should be able to withstand the winds of the past few days. Stronger winds can be expected in winter!! (And that's not a weather forecast! :D)

Thanks Hansov, it's just a new dish and arm, so I'll have to get back to the guy...with the sky dish the arms simply clicks into place, so maybe I'll look at that also (or rather Mr Wishbone will - heh heh!!)

Back