LivingSocial offer- too good to be true?

You spend approximately 1 third of your life in bed. If you've a mattress for 10 years, that's 100 euro a year, or approximately 2 euro a week. If you can afford it and its the most comfortable, that would be worth it for me. Trouble is, that's very hard to tell without sleeping on it.

Well I've more than a few years of sleep behind me & it wouldn't be an expense I'd go to.

I remain to be convinced you are getting a better product.

Can't put a price on a goodnights sleep.

At the same time everyone has their own preferences. For something like a mattress I would want to try before I bought.

It's hardly a bargain if it's not to your taste.

Last edited:
Tell me why any mattress would be worth paying 1k?
Mine was. I really saw the difference when I changed a good few years ago. My dh used to get up with a sore back. I need to change it now and I am quite concerned that I will end up with something less comfortable. My budget would still be in that price range. Just think it's worth it.

Many have trials now.

I'd happily "over pay" for a good mattress !!

It's hard to link price with quality though for this product though.

We made a big mistake with a mattress some years back and had several months of poor sleep as a result.

If you can guarantee quality (a big if) it’s worth paying for.

Tell me why any mattress would be worth paying 1k?
Ask anybody with a bad back how much money they will pay for a good night's sleep. In fact you can't even put a price on it. I would pay anything to know I have a mattress that leaves me feeling not broken the minute I wake up x

Agree with good nights sleep - just not convinced 1k mattress is the answer.

Horses for courses.

Look at the deal provider, ZipZap, a company set up specifically to manufacture or source products for deals websites such as Living Social so you can take any suggested RRP with a large pinch of salt.

Google - "Mattress Cashmere Premier Gel 27 Cm". You'll see it pop up all over Europe and amazingly EVERY site has it on special offer but they strategically have it on their sites (I've located 3 that have same registrant owner) and amazon at higher prices.

But strangely very difficult to find any reviews. Best avoided.

IKEA can have great value as they have a small range and obvious buying power and if one of theirs suits, I'd seriously consider.

The EMMA mattress is another that actually is reasonably good - but don't believe the so-called rrp, they are always on "offer"

Mrs C had been at me for years to change the mattress but it wasn't until I was in Spain in 2017 that I agreed to her wishes ;)
Where I was staying had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in and was surprised to find out it was from Ikea
So that summer bought a Ikea mattress and 4 memory foam pillows for under €350 and haven't regretted the decision
Don't know how often people change their mattresses but I'll probably get another Ikea one sometime in towards the end of this decade

IKEA can have great value as they have a small range and obvious buying power and if one of theirs suits, I'd seriously consider.
A couple of bad experieces with Ikea mattress quality from my side. Not sure if they offer a trial period, but take that up if so

Back