Limeklin Green area in Walkinstown Dublin 12.

M

marky1

Does anyone know anything about the Limeklin Green area in Walkinstown Dublin 12.Thinking of buying out that way but don't know to much about the area.Crime levels,Local amenities,Locals etc etc..All information would be great help.

Re: Walkinstown area

i think thats near traders pub? used to be a gang that hung around that pub who wrer trouble. think it has quietened down. personally i think there are nicer parts of walkinstown/greenhills

i think thats near traders pub? used to be a gang that hung around that pub who wrer trouble. think it has quietened down. personally i think there are nicer parts of walkinstown/greenhills

There are nicer parts but not as cheap. It has Tymon park, and good schools close by. I live near, its quiet but neighbourly, there are a lot of young families moving in. They have The Limekiln rounders and community games training on the green in the summer - something that you would not find in a lot of areas in Walkinstown, the gang were called the Trads and it was about 30 years ago.

Feel free to ask me anything else

I am from nearby and I can honestly say I haven't heard the "Trads" mentioned in about a decade. I wouldn't give that a second thought.

Limekiln is a nice area with good bus routes and schools nearby. Tymon park is a real asset. There is a fantastic playground at the Spawell entrance, but you can walk in from Limekiln and stroll up.

The Traders gang - my god what a blast from the past... can't say that there is any "gangs" in the greenills / limekiln/ greenpark area.
The Traders pub is a real local pub - its situated beside the once Shopping Centre - Im not sure whats being built here - but it has been desolate for quite some time.

Its a great area... its getting to the stage where most of the kids are grown up and moving on - leaving Mam and Dad to enjoy the peace.... so its more mature owners.... Any one moving in are young families...

The houses in Limekiln would be a lot smaller than those in Greenhills / Greenpark....

Hi,

I'm from Limekiln (although now living in the UK) and the place has changed dramatically over the last 10/15 years.

Firstly, pedantry aside, Limekiln is in Perrystown, not Walkinstown (or Greenhills).

Most of the houses in Limekiln were built in the late 1960's/early 1970's, and were for young families. When their kids were growing up in the 80's there were plenty of groups of youths - not GANGS, just groups of young fellas with nothing to do. This is where the 'Trads' arise from, they used to live near, and hang around at, The Traders.

The 'kids' have now mostly grown up and moved away, to places like Lucan, etc, leaving the parents, so a typical house in the Limekiln area would be the parents in their late 50's/60's.

You will find it to be very quiet, no local crime to speak of, although there have been instances of knackers setting up in Tymon and then coming down to Limekiln and Greenhills to do their thing. Thankfully Tymon is now fully fenced off, so they can't 'settle' there any more.

Tymon itself is a lovely park, and if you take a stroll through it you can end up at the start of Tallaght, near the Cuckoo's Nest and Kilnamanagh.

The local pubs to you will be The Pines (check out my cool user name) and The Laurels, both within 100 yards of each other. For a bit of a stroll you can go to either The Submarine (Crumlin) or The Kestrel/Cherry Tree (Walkinstown roundabout).

Local primary schools are St Peter's (boys) and St Paul's (girls). I can't comment on these as I went to St Joseph's in Terenure.

Secondary schools would be Greenhills comprehensive ('The Comp') or St Mac Dara's in Willington (where I went).

If you need info on a specific house then feel free to ask, I can email one of the lads to check it out for you. Plenty of my mates still live around the area, or come to Limekiln for a quiet pint and decent company.

Slainte,

The Pines

Limekiln Green is a different estate to the other Limekilns (Grove etc), which are the bungalows and are part of Manortown/Perrystown.

Actually I wish someone would decide on what the exact address of Limekiln is, is it Limekiln Farm I know some people chance their arm with Terenure. Its not Greenhills either, historically I think it was Limekiln Farm so maybe I'll stick with that. (rant over)

Wasn't that Traders pub burnt down a while back maybe a couple of years ago due to anti-social behaviour?
Traffic is a nightmare down that way also!!

The shopping centre beside the pub burned down, there is an ongoing problem between the developer and the County council so it has been a vacant site since then. It was nothing do do with antisocial behaviour.

I have never had a problem with traffic. Dublin city centre in 20 mins or Tallaght in 15 mins

do you have anything nice to say about any area that you don't live in?

Traffic is a nightmare down that way also!!

You must be mistaken.

It's about;
5 minutes to Spawell
5 minutes to Ashleaf SC at Crumlin
5 minutes to Walkinstown roundabout (and then 45 minutes to get over the other side of the roundabout, but that's another story, see the traffic planners on that one)

10 minutes to the KCR

10 minutes to the M50 junction near Knocklyon

15 minutes to the Square

Its not Greenhills either, historically I think it was Limekiln Farm so maybe I'll stick with that. (rant over)

You're right Marie.

Limekiln Farm is in Greenhills, as is the top half of Limekiln Road, the bit past St. Peter's school that runs adjacent to Tymon Park.

The other half of Limekiln Road, plus Limekiln Drive, Park, etc., would be Perrystown/Manortown/Manor Estate.

Then there's the other bits of Limekiln that run into Walkinstown, but we could be here all night talking about that one...

That simply isn't true.

I had meant the Walkinstown Roundabout feeder roads like Walkinstown Ave, St Peters Rd and Greenhills Rd, they are a nightmare at peak hour.

Public transport is in the same position, unless you walk all the way to the Luas at the Naas Rd :)

anyone know anything about anthony's cresent park of walkinstown?

Great area. Limekiln Green is a council estate in the middle of private housing. It is mature now with older residents, alot of whom own their house.

The "Trads" were lads who hung around the area. Not a gang in the sense of today. All grown up now.

This area is more mature now and is very quite. Beautiful park near and great location.

My parents live there and have had not problems with crime.

I live near Limekiln Green and it's a very nice area with lots of amenities close to hand. Near town too while not being in town. Quiet at night and decent friendly locals.

Greenhills

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses of Greenhills, see Greenhills (disambiguation).
Greenhills (Irish, Na Glaschnoic or Na Cnoic nGlas) is a suburb situated on the Southside of the city of Dublin, Ireland. It sits between Crumlin, Walkinstown, Templeogue and Tallaght. It is generally understood to comprise the Greenhills Estate (the "saints" roads, e.g. St James' Road, St Peter's Road) as well as Greenpark, Limekiln and Temple Manor. Some would also include the estates of Fernhill, Mountdown, Glenmurray and Perrystown in a broader definition. Its postcode is Dublin

Nice estate, lots to do in summer for the kids. great memories.... forever

Back