Lidl

L

Laoise

Probably all you Lidl fans know already - but there's now an Irish version of the web-page.
It's at "www.lidl.ie"

Its a liddle bit light on detail.

Its a liddle bit light on detail.
But maybe it will imporve.

www.lidl.ie

ajapale

That site is pretty good - you can check out the weekly specials on it.

Cheers Laoise!

Excellent Laoise - well spotted & thanks for posting.

ninsaga

Did anyone happen to notice a list of which towns have a Lidl store?

I couldn't seem to find a list on the lidl.ie site

here is a partial list

Letterkenny
Sligo
Ballina
Longford
Mullingar
Tullamore
Monaghan
Galway
Dublin - several stores
Tipp - several stores
Ennis

Nice one Laoise, nice one - have been hoping they'd do this for ages!

The old memory loss is full steam ahead to-day and I just cannot remember is it Lidl or Aldi who are opening in Tallaght? Can anyone tell me exactly where in Dublin the stores are? Are all the stories true about the queues?

"Are all the stories true about the queues? "

There's queues alright, especially if you go in the morning of the special offers....

Once the doors open, prepare to RUN to the special offers!!!

Aldi

Last year, after Aldi had one of their special offers on a computer, I was talking to the security guard in Aldi in Coolock and he told me that Aldi were taking orders up to the Saturday after the day of the special offer.

Good to know if you miss on one of these, as their computers and laptops represent exceptional value. The manufacturers, Medion, also appear to give a very good after sales service from what I have read on other boards.

regards
Bubbles

Lidl favourites

Lidl are also in Tralee, Castleisland and Limerick City

My current favourites are "Bellarom" Expresso Filter Coffee €1.89 for 200g and Apple Juice for €1.19 for 1.5l and Sugar €0.83 for 1kg.

Unfortunately I had to go to my reciepts to confirm these prices as they dont appear (yet) on the web site.

Another draw back is that some of the products dont appear to have english wording. This is especially important for diabetics and the like who need the sugar content. (Lidl chopped tomatoes are an example).

I remain a confimed Lidl fan.

ajapale

Lidl / Aldi

Just to add:
one of the things I like best about Lidl is that at least they have a different product range from the usual British stuff you get everywhere else. Whether it's Tesco, Dunnes or Supervalue the brandnames and the products are the same all over and mostly British. At least Lidl offers variety with some German products that you can't get elsewhere. Aldi seems to be slipping a bit and filling their stores with more British products, eg their chocolate is a sort of Cadbury-clone (OK, whether Cadbury is actually chocolate is another storey!) and their cheeses are mostly for the British market too. If only to provide some choice and variety Lidl deserves a weekly visit !
Laoise
PS check out their Chrismas stuff - Domino Steine and Stollen and marzipan bars and Zimt Sterne ...... lecker !

Lidl in Dublin

Sueellen, there are 5 Lidl stores in Dublin, all on the northside.

Westend Retail Pk, Blanchardstown
Blakestown
Racecourse SC, Baldoyle
Malahide Road, Coolock
St. Margaret's Road, Finglas

Aldi better than Lidl for computer equipment?

Rainyday, I got the impression from reading posts on boards.ie that Aldi's computers and laptops were better value and better specifications than Lidl's.

Certainly people seem happy with the afer-sales service from Aldi/Medion. I don't know about Lidl.

Any ideas?

Regards
Bubbles

Re: Aldi better than Lidl for computer equipment?

Hi Bubbles - Sorry, I can't really add anything more than is mentioned on the boards.ie topic.

Big Lidl Bargains

Big Lidl fan here. Just remember that on bargain days-pretty heavily advertised but I think they`re on Thurs and Mondays- the queues can be awful. Mind you, every day is a bargain day in Lidl. Here`s a snippet of a recent (three wk old ) receipt

Tomato puree 49 cent
Turkish sultanas 89c
Herring fillets89c
Iron aid starch1.29
Choc chip cookies 75c
12 eggs 1.27
Malt Crunchies (like Shreddies cereal) 1.29

Ridiculously low prices. I found the stores takes a bit of getting used to- all those harsh colours, cheap flooring, stampedes of customers. But I do a big shop there once a month-@120 E for our family of five. I tend not depend on it for fruit and veg though, buy our meat at the local butchers and may have to take a couple of trips to Dunnes during the month but only for a basket shop. Lidl has certainly slashed our food bill since we started shopping there.

Love their cleaning products-glass cleaner, Wipp cream(like Jif) Wipp Bathroom Mousses, dichwasher tabs and washing tabs. Can post up more bargain if requested.Oh and their Auzzie Shiraz is drinkable at @ 5 EuroPinot Griggio is nice and 5.99 Oh and a litre of Olive oil 3.55 perfect for cooking.

Cliona

was shopping on Aldi Dundalk this morning. Picked up a packet of milk choc goldgrain biscuits like is usually do. did not notice until I was unpacking that they were McVities. Not Belmont, the usual Aldi brand. same price as usual 89c. Makes me think McVities are supplying Aldi for Biscuits under the Belmont brand and at a big discount on the other supermarkets.

Back