Liabilities on SA2 Form

theresapie

I am going through the probate process myself, after having a brief consultation with my solicitor. She mentioned to enter every small expense in the liabilities section when completing the SA2 form.
I'm wondering though what the benefit of this would be? There are 3 beneficiaries on the will, and we are all well below the threshold. I assume adding liabilities is there to offset the assets, but if we are all at least 100k below the threshold, is there any benefit in doing this?
My worry is this will hold up the probate process later when they ask to provide receipts or invoices for all the liabilities.

Revenue state that you can only insert debts left owing by the deceased at the date of death and funeral related expenses as a liability to the estate. If you insert other debts incurred since the date of death you will be required to amend and rewear the form.

ok, understood. However, small utility bills, credit card balances, a few other things were owing at the date of her death. Altogether less than €500. Is it worth rounding up all these and obtaining the invoices/ receipts?

Revenue state that you can only insert debts left owing by the deceased at the date of death and funeral related expenses as a liability to the estate.
Am I missing something here ? What about legal fees and selling costs of any assets. Are these covered after the fact somewhere else with revenue ?

These are deducted from the estate when you finalise the accounts - but they are not liabilities at the date of death

Other deductions might be property insurance, maintenance, utility bills, ...

Back