Letting house without estate agent

Sharky

I have a house which is almost ready to be let. I had planned on employing an agent to let it for me but the next door neighbour has said her friend is keen to live in the estate. Profile of the person would be ideal for the house. How would I go about this and bypassing the agent? Contract wise etc.

Tks in advance,

No law says you have to ude an agent. Go to solicitor to get your rental agreement drawn up. You lucky, soumds like you got a good recommendation amd it will save you a fortume in agency fees, not that they do very much.

you can download a lease agreement here : [broken link removed]

Dont forget to register with the PRTB see here for more information: [broken link removed]

Get employer and previous tenancy references. Ring and check them. Ask for 6 weeks deposit. Do an inventory and walk through house with yr tenant get them to sign. Do up a folder of manuals for all appliances and make sure water mains stop cock is labelled. Prtb are a waste of space but unfortunately we are stuck with it for now.

It might also be possible to see the prospective tenant in there current accommodation. If this is kept nice and tidy it should be a good indication on how there will keep your property. I have been renting a property without the use of an estate agent. If that lead does not work out just put up an add on Daft.ie or a website like it. Get references. The best tenants I have had have been family's and the most damage done was single professionals.

Back