Let the Shinners cast the 1st stone

ninsaga

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/sfs-doherty-paid-staff-out-of-travel-expenses-556003.html

..... ah this is hilarious - Pearse Doherty using his unused TD expenses to pay someone to work for him....'didn't know he did wrong' .... it's akin to 'sorry guard I didn't know that I couldn't drive and be on my mobile at the same time 'cause nobody told me'

He hangs himself in his last comment...

"If I am not allowed to use the surplus of that money to take somebody off the dole, then I will deal with that."

... so does that mean he had someone in his employment - meaning he was an employer and didn't declare it or make returns? Was he paying in cash etc

Lets see what MaryLuo McDonald Duck quacks on about with regard to this!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/sfs-doherty-paid-staff-out-of-travel-expenses-556003.html

..... ah this is hilarious - Pearse Doherty using his unused TD expenses to pay someone to work for him....'didn't know he did wrong' .... it's akin to 'sorry guard I didn't know that I couldn't drive and be on my mobile at the same time 'cause nobody told me'

He hangs himself in his last comment...

"If I am not allowed to use the surplus of that money to take somebody off the dole, then I will deal with that."

... so does that mean he had someone in his employment - meaning he was an employer and didn't declare it or make returns? Was he paying in cash etc

Lets see what MaryLuo McDonald Duck quacks on about with regard to this!

According to Pearse in an interview with Newstalk this morning, he is a registered employer with Revenue and pays all the relevent taxes due.

Show us where he has done something wrong??

According to Pearse in an interview with Newstalk this morning, he is a registered employer with Revenue and pays all the relevent taxes due.

Show us where he has done something wrong??

He used travel expenses to pay wages.

It should be used for travel , or handed back.

I dont think anyone provided the regulations attached to these payments

http://www.oireachtas.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/members/20102527-2.htm

Members must certify within one month of the end of the relevant period that the amount paid to them was used for expenses allowed under the regulations. Members have two months from the end of the relevant period in which to make refunds.

So it looks like Pearse has messed up, and has said that he will ensure the money is paid back.

So it looks like Pearse has messed up, and has said that he will ensure the money is paid back.

So the person who received the money has to stump up ? OR Deputy Doherty has to dp in to his own pocket ? And him only getting the average industrial wage :rolleyes: ?

why are they getting travel expenses up front, rather than after the event backed up with an expenses claim!

... because its a perk! No one will clamp down on it as they will all lose on the benefit. Between living in dublin and registering your hime in Kerry, printer cartridges, paying off someone &/or pocketing the rest - there are significant savings to be made by having a vouched expenses system in place.

What if Pearse arrives in with the money with mud on his shoes, a shovel on the back seat of his car and a wad of Northern Bank notes? :D

I think Dorerty's use of tax payers money is a disgrace.

Coming after cartridge gate - why can't they see that - expenses are taxpayers money.

There seems to be a sense of entitlement amongst the public sector with regards expenses.

What if Pearse arrives in with the money with mud on his shoes, a shovel on the back seat of his car and a wad of Northern Bank notes? :D

The money could be from Westminster, the mud was actually peat, he'd been digging in a bog for some poor divil who didnt even deserve a burial. That's what I cant take from SF, indignation all round and blood on their hands at the same time.

According to today's Irish Indo Doherty will not have to pay back the €8,000.

Great country we live in.

... and if you did something like that in the private sector you'd be out the door.

Anyway, just goes to show that the Shinners are no different in screwing the system given a chance

... and if you did something like that in the private sector you'd be out the door.

Anyway, just goes to show that the Shinners are no different in screwing the system given a chance

Ah that's not fair... on everyone else. None of the other parties were a front for a terrorist organisation.

The money could be from Westminster, the mud was actually peat, he'd been digging in a bog for some poor divil who didnt even deserve a burial. That's what I cant take from SF, indignation all round and blood on their hands at the same time.
I was wondering if he couldn't use the Northern Bank money could he ask one of his mates if there was any cash left in Jean McConville's handbag.

Back