Legal rights regarding LUAS fine?

Thanks for everyone's helpful advice. I didn't produce it at the time because I'd put it in my bag and it ended up between the pages of a book I was reading. It wasn't until I got off the luas and removed everything from my bag that I found it. ...

i still dont understand why you did not just show the ticket when asked,i travel on the luas i have the ticket in my hand or in my pocket,its not the sort of thing you buy and then throw away before you get on the tram.

Hope that explains why the OP didn't show the ticket legalrights.

Thanks. I didn't know how it worked.

When are we EVER going to get integrated ticketing in Dublin?

:D Integrated ticketing is on it's way! Have a look at the [broken link removed] website for details ... course I do recall reading in the Irish Times a couple of years ago that integrated ticketing was first mooted for Dublin in 1904 ....

Hi well, I used the luas for about the 3rd time on sat evening, and we freezing i saw the inspector on trams and got on cos i thought i could pay him! no he asked for name and address and Id which i gave cos i thought could pay the fare, no a bloody fine, well I am going to write and appeal !

deeheg, you don't have a hope - they have never taken money on the Luas.

Reckon you'll just have to cough up the fine

Um deeheg you don't have a leg to stand on. There are notices plastered over most stops and on each door of the tram reminding you to have a ticket. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Back