Leg/Bikini wax in Dublin

sun_sparks

Ok ladies,

There are so many of ye that use Buff Day Spa (my fave too!) and can discuss the merits of different treatments (can I mention how much I love this site even more now?? :)), so I need to pick your brains.

Am looking for somewhere to get a leg/bikini wax. Is Buff good for this and roughly how much is the "right" amount to pay? I'm a wax virgin, as the ad goes, but I find the DIY option leaves me with big welts on my leg!

Thanks!

Hi sun sparks, if you're based in Dublin I can only go by a friends recommendation the Lady Merrion, on Merrion Row, apparently the lady is really friendly and made her feel very comfortable because I won't lie, it can be painful, more painful for some all depending on your pain threshold!

HTH,

F

Ok ladies,

There are so many of ye that use Buff Day Spa (my fave too!) and can discuss the merits of different treatments (can I mention how much I love this site even more now?? :)), so I need to pick your brains.

Am looking for somewhere to get a leg/bikini wax. Is Buff good for this and roughly how much is the "right" amount to pay? I'm a wax virgin, as the ad goes, but I find the DIY option leaves me with big welts on my leg!

Thanks!

Got a bikini wax and never again it was too painful. Just buy immac or one of those creams for the bikini line area

Underarm wax should cost about €10. Bikini about €15-€20 and half leg about €18-€25ish. The only thing I find painful is bikini so I take painkillers beforehand. I'm thinking of getting laser though - I'm currently getting underarm laser and the results are fantastic.

thanks everyone.

Just to ask with bikini (look away guys) - does the €15 to 20 cover full hair removal (Brazilian) or just the bikini line?

Hi sunsparks,

No the 15 -20 will not get you the "whole hog". Extended or Brazilian will set you back between 30 & 40.
I don't find it very painful but I know some people do. Do think the results are much better than from creams or shaving though especially if you suffer from ingrowns.
I can recommend Coogan & Bergin Beauty Salon on Wicklow st.. THey have a new wax, which make the whole thing a lot less painful.

M.

thanks everyone.

Just to ask with bikini (look away guys) - does the €15 to 20 cover full hair removal (Brazilian) or just the bikini line?

In my salon I'm just asked how much I want removed and it's always the same price. It's not in the city centre though.

I'm just picturing the look on my boyf's face if I come home with either a heart shape or bling!!!!!!!!!!!!! Priceless...

(Might make a good Mastercard ad??)

Buttercups in Powerscourt Centre on South William Street are fantastic. You will be in and out in twenty minutes and the warm wax they use doesnt really hurt. A standard bikini wax is €18.00 and if you are a regular the girl who looks after you will know how fine and high and low!! you like to be waxed.
I went for a brazillian in Blue Arie about a year ago, oh the absolute mortification of it all was too much, I think it cost about €45.00.

Paying somebody €45 to mortify your nether regions? I think there's a word for that sort of carry on...

Things with blood coursing through them aren't always red. I should know. I'm a man.

I think clubman is referring to the male version of waxing - known as the "back, sack & crack" - very painful I hear ;)

Back