Leaking pond!

tinkerbell

My small garden pond, lined with butyl? liner, has been leaking rapidly over the last few days. :eek: Suspected caused by puppy swimming therein!! That has been cured by rigid wire panels though a bit late:rolleyes: Any ideas of what is safe to use to mend it hopefully before the fishies cant swim anymore thanks!!

Hi Tinkerbell,
there is a product that will do the job for you. I can't remember the name and my can of it is in the shed, and I'm not going looking for it now. Will have it for you tomorrow. It is a thick silver paste with fibers in it, you can put it down and cover with water immediately. Our pond is patched in a hundred places with it, and the fish don't seem to be affected. Mind you, these fish are with us a long time and have survived many trials. You might want to check with a pet shop for your own fish.

I've just gone on line, fresh from a trip to my shed, and I see you are live too...
Stuff is made by Panabond. " Water Stop, Rapid Repair Sealing Compound "
Wear Gloves. Put a stone on top of it until it has set. Get a paddling pond for that puppy!

Thanks so much for going to the trouble of finding the name. Yep puppy got her water wings alright and I suppose I am lucky the fish survived!! Thanks again!

Back