Laya Laya Essential Connect Family renewal alternatives

claddagh

Hi
Laya Essential Connect Family is too dear at 266 a month for 2 adults, 1 young adult & 1 17 year old. Increase mainly as young adult was a child last year!

Renewal 1st March and looking for cover as follows

- no real need for day to day cover, docs fees etc.
- Have never claimed back as never exceeded family excess - only use over the years were a few scans and day procedures. Looked at Laya Essential Health 300 but excess seems to be 300 x2 per person per year which seems huge
  • Cover in private hospitals is subject to a €125 day-case excess & a €300 in-patient excess per claim. (overnight excess paid maximum twice per member per contract year).
- would like cover for semi private room public/private hospitals with cover for both Galway private hospitals.

Any advice would be great !

Hi claddagh,

Welcome to AAM. VHI are most competitive on price for young adults and children at the moment.

Child;
Best child option from 1st March 2017 is VHI Parents and Kids Excess; price 157pa; all public,private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 75 for admissions or day case in private hospitals.
or
VHI One Plan Family is also half price @ 152pa; only difference is the excess 125 per admission or day case.
[broken link removed]

Young Adult 18 yr old;
Best young adult option is VHI PMI 40 15; price 374pa; all public, private and some hi-tech cover. Excess 75 per admission or day case.
[broken link removed]

Adult Options
1. Laya Flex 175 Explore; price 953pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Excess 175 per admission, 75 per day case.
2. VHI PMI 40 15; price 1081pa; all public, private and some hi-tech cover. Excess 75 per admission or day case.
[broken link removed]

NOTE; Both the young adult and child can be insured with VHI while the adults can with any provider if you want.

Snowyb

Thanks a million for that, looks like moving kids is the best option. Do you know if I am correct to think that to put the kids on two different policies online I will need to contact VHI rather than do online ?

I have no personal experience of dealing with VHI online in respect of young adults and kids only,
maybe other posters maybe able to advise accordingly.

Snowyb

Back