Laya Laya Assure Ideal

David Hayes

Hi there

I am a 46-year male who signed up last year for the Assure Ideal plan and it's up for renewal. I signed up before the 30th of April to ensure I would not be subject to loading. Presently (thank God) I am fit and healthy and have not visited the GP or the hospital last year. I am single with no dependents and I am wondering if there is a better more economical plan from other providers that would be better value that I could be on? The plan is €648.72

Hope someone can advise?

Hi David Hayes,

Welcome to AAM. The plan you are on at the moment, just has public hospital cover and also outpatient gp visits etc included. An alternative
cheaper option without outpatient gp cover with Laya is as follows;

Assure Protect; price 419pa. Same public hospital cover as before, no day to day gp cover.
[broken link removed]

If you want to upgrade hospital cover to include all private hospitals and hi-tech hospitals, the following options would be worth considering.
Note; for an pre-existing conditions, there would be a 2 year wait in these hospitals, any new conditions would be covered straight away.

1. Flex 375 Explore; price 720pa, public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, 375 excess payable if admitted to a private or hi-tech hospital or
125 excess payable for a day case. There is no excess payment in any public hospital. No day to day gp cover on this plan.

2. Flex 500 Explore; price 661pa, public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered. 500 excess payable if admitted to a private or hi-tech hospital or
150 excess payable for a day case. No excess applies to any public hospitals. No day to day gp cover on this plan.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back