Laughing therapy :))))))))))))

Godfather

Ladies and Gents,

as this is quite a "shi-tty" period in my life (to be fully honest) I started to watch funny movies in order to move through the laughing therapy side of life away from some chains of sad thoughts...

...And the benefits are already so visible! Pls note: laughing therapy is medically recognized as improving health of anyone if true laughter comes from the guts! :)

Have you got any movies or reading that you'd recommend in order to heal someone's soul with laughter? Some of the last movies I watched were The Dewey Cox Story and Step Brothers with John C. Reilly and I loved them! :D

Thanks!

Well my guilty secret is that I am a huge fan of Dumb and Dumber!

For something a bit more acceptable, something by the Marx Brothers.

One of my all time favourite films is Arsenic and Old Lace, not really a belly laugh type of film but it never fails to make me chuckle.

To echo the two posts so far. More than most modern comedies go retro and try the Marx Brothers and the Ealing Comedies. All nice and cheap on DVD too.

Young Frankenstein
Blazing Saddles
Cannonball Run
Top Secret
Something About Mary

Personally, they're all belly laugh material for me.

Marx Bros are a classic. I love Something about Mary as well... Just great stuff! Also American Pie makes me laugh a lot, I know it's not stylish but some moments are so hilarious! :D

Thank you, any other movie?

Young Frankenstein
Blazing Saddles
Cannonball Run
Top Secret
Something About Mary

Personally, they're all belly laugh material for me.

Yep, anything involving farting always makes me laugh!

A few more than spring to mind

Peter Sellars Clouseau films are reliably chucklesome

or how about watching re-runs of Dinnerladies, or getting the box set of Victoria Wood Live on TV, fantastic one liners from Victoria Wood and who can fail to laugh at Mrs Overall...

I didn't realise we were making lists!

+1 to Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein and airplane.

Consider also in no order and entirely just my own opinion:

Shaun of the Dead
Spinal Tap
Clerks
South Park: Bigger..etc
Annie Hall
Some Like it Hot
The Jerk
Stir Crazy
The Lady Killers (original)
The Princess Bride

+1 on the Ealing comedies,

also
The Blues Brothers
First series of Outnumbered
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Thank you all! I loved some of the movies you mentioned too! A good laugh is so wonderful! Makes you forget any trouble or sadness in your life! :D

Back