Last minute offer . . . .

Lorraine

have bought last minute week hol in Alvor from Budget Travel for Euro 169 only to find that all internet reviews for the accomodation (Club Alvor Golf) are terrible! has anyone been there that can tell me anything about it?

Fantastic price and looking forward to the sun, we're not overly fussy but hope it won't be a holiday from hell. Once the bed + bedding is clean and the door can be locked and apt made secure, we'll go to the beach every day if necessary. I suppose you do get what you pay for ... ho hum ....

I had a few friends go to Alvor last year and they liked it so much they're all going back again. The town is good with a good few lively bars and restaurants and the beach is right beside it. Unless you're in the 'Ryanair' equivelent of Alvor aka 'county Alvor' I think you should be fine.

Here?

Tbh, for 169 'yoyos', whaddya want!? Price of a flight..? (or a nice meal for two in a mid-range restaurant?)

Enjoy... :)

club alvor golf was one of the more expensive places in alvor at one stage, it is a bit away from the beech however their is a bus that runs to it. they are clean and secure you wont have any problems, I go to alvor annually and stay there on in quinta nova next door. for 169 its a steal tbh

Alvor village is lovely and you will find some great resturants, with fresh fish daily if thats your thing, and a great italian if you can find it.

I would avod the Irish bars there are much better ones there. The french bar up beside the accomadation is quite good.

Where did u get that price, I can from time to time take time off work at zero notice, and would like to know where I could find such bargains....

Some of the companies regularly send faxes to offices giving last minute deals. You could try calling them and asking them to put you on their faxing list. One that immediately springs to mind is

might be useful also.

Back from Club Alvor Golfe today! we'd been to Alvor before so knew the layout. The apartments were spacious but were not very clean; towels, sheets, paintwork on all wooden furniture was grubby and stained, balcony railing was rusty and walls were peeling paint, not good for an explorative toddler! and yes there was rust on the wash-hand basin and bath! The pool was dirty and the kiddies pool was a three foot deep pond, all it was missing was the goldfish, there was enough algae to feed them on . . . .

But the sun shone every day, the sangria was good, and the Quinta Nova pool 200 yards away was great! Also Cork airport longterm carpark was only Euro 20.

Wouldn't spend real money in going to the apartments and can understand the dreadful reviews but we had a great break - the staff were lovely and Portugal as always is wonderful.

Back